FA Cup SF Draw | Chelsea | Sat 17 Apr 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move it to villa park on sunday if they aren't at home

Villa’s home game that weekend was against us which we now play the following Wednesday ... so no game there on the weekend.

EFL's 3pm kick-offs on April 17 to be moved for Prince Philip's funeral​

"As a mark of respect, EFL matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 17 April will be moved to avoid a clash with the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh"; Premier League also liaising with the Palace, Government and relevant authorities about next weekend's fixtures.​

What would be the most beneficial for the FA/Premier League and the BBC?

City playing 4 games in 7 days probably....

As we kick off at 5 30 I can’t see them moving our game IMO

What would be the most beneficial for the FA/Premier League and the BBC?

City playing 4 games in 7 days probably....

I think more than BBC, it’s the FA who will call this one ... with Prince William being their chair it just all depends how much the FA bosses want to cozy up to him at this time and so moving it all together from Saturday remains on the cards.

If it stays on Saturday then depending on how long the funeral service is (starting at 3pm) and more so how long does BBC want to carry on with their related programming post funeral with tributes etc. will determine if 5:30pm is ok or changing the time to later that evening say 7:30 or 8:00pm kickoff might also be a possibility.

Guess we’ll find out by Mon/Tue next week. Given we aren’t the only tie that day and a lot of EFL games, Scottish FA games, Premier League games all are scheduled that day and all pretty much have stated they’re looking at alternatives and will announce in due course so that too could dictate which way the FA/BBC go.

I think more than BBC, it’s the FA who will call this one ... with Prince William being their chair it just all depends how much the FA bosses want to cozy up to him at this time and so moving it all together from Saturday remains on the cards.

If it stays on Saturday then depending on how long the funeral service is (starting at 3pm) and more so how long does BBC want to carry on with their related programming post funeral with tributes etc. will determine if 5:30pm is ok or changing the time to later that evening say 7:30 or 8:00pm kickoff might also be a possibility.

Guess we’ll find out by Mon/Tue next week. Given we aren’t the only tie that day and a lot of EFL games, Scottish FA games, Premier League games all are scheduled that day and all pretty much have stated they’re looking at alternatives and will announce in due course so that too could dictate which way the FA/BBC go.
It's a good job there aren't any fans travelling down so it makes it easier to move.

They can't stop the world for ever, the games are likely to be 12pm or 6pm, no scope to move everything to a Sunday at this stage.

They can't stop the world for ever, the games are likely to be 12pm or 6pm, no scope to move everything to a Sunday at this stage.
Won't be moving our game to 12 given the outrage initially we were the Saturday game having the Dortmund game in mid week. I also don't think it's so much about arranging it either side of the funeral itll be more that its a national day of mourning and given the president of the FA is Prince William I doubt the FA would want to be seen just cracking on preparing for a game whilst his grandads funeral is taking place. Even a 7.30 kick off will mean hours of preparation before to stage the game so would still run into the funeral times.
Given we live in an age where everyone is offended by everything I doubt the FA would want to risk any adverse publicity or being accused of disrespect. Guess we will find out within the next 48 hours but I would expect it to be moved back to the Sunday and played at an alternate venue which may actually suit us as gives us more rest after the Dortmund game and whilst I agree the world can't stop forever we're talking about the day of the funeral, any other day in this period I dont think this would even be a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.