FA Cup to resume June 27/28

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Eds, 29 May 2020.

1. Boris Becker’s Backhand

Boris Becker’s Backhand

Team supported:
    City
    Picture the scene, Wembley August 1st, the first all Manchester FA Cup final, Spanish Dave in his farewell domestic appearance leading us out of the tunnel. I’m sure you’ll be able to rouse yourself

2. Corky

Corky

Hopefully a few will be allowed to watch it by then, will be pissed off if club wembley gets primacy over 20k plus point ST holders though. Hopefully 4 or 5 k will be allowed in aground that size with nor problems.

3. Boris Becker’s Backhand

Boris Becker’s Backhand

Team supported:
    City
    I suppose it’s always nice to be there but all the expense and trouble of getting there might not seem worth it to just sit in a sparsely populated stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. chesterbells

chesterbells

5. Silvercloud

Silvercloud

Can't see how a phased return will work. Say they allow 5k into our place for a game. Starter , no away fans. Then, how do you get people into the stadium then into their seats? Cancel the first 5 seats of each row so people can walk up/down the aisle. 3/4 rows apart then 6 seats on each row apart.
    You'll have to go in the ground in some kind of order as you can't be walking pass somebody on the same row to get to your seat. What if you need to go to the loo during the game? Whoever is on your row will have to get up & down/up the aisle before you can go to respect social distancing.
    The same applies at FT. You will have to do a phased exit, each row at a time from the back to the front.
    Unless I'm overlooking something here, you'll only get 2 persons, per row on about 5 rows in each block.

Last edited: 30 May 2020
  6. Boris Becker’s Backhand

Boris Becker’s Backhand

Team supported:
    City
    I agree. The whole thing will be a logistical nightmare and it’ll all take fuckin ages. No chance of getting back to Euston in time for the last train home !

bluefitz17 and Blue Maverick like this.
  7. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

You get a complimentary bucket and hazmat suit on entry to the stadium

8. BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

I agree. The French dealt with it in the correct manner IMHO. Trouble is that the PL is worth tons more TV money than Ligue 1 and therefore common sense (and safety) seems to have gone out of the window. I haven't got any enthusiasm for restarting the season the way things are right now. Televised football played at half pace in empty soulless stadia ? No thanks.

9. paulchapo

paulchapo

Absolutely no enthusiasm for this, the premier league or champions league in this format. A three month break, empty stadiums, games crammed in. It's shite and everyone involved know it's shite. Football is finished if no fans are allowed to attend for the foreseeable future.

RodneysDribbles10 and Fordyboy46 like this.
  10. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Fucking tragic this. It'll be canned fan noise like canned laughter on friends to stop it having all the atmosphere of a kick about in the playground two hours after school has finished.