FA Managerial Appointments

I don't know although they might as well just pick anyone now because that's where it's gone.

Right but that's obviously bollocks isn't it. To play for any of the UK nations you need to have a grandparent born in the particular UK nation. To play for most of the other top countries, you need to be a citizen of that country and have not played for anyone else. So that's minimum 5 years in Spain, 10 years in Germany etc.

Who are these players who are playing for random countries to bolster their brand?

Right but that's obviously bollocks isn't it. To play for any of the UK nations you need to have a grandparent born in the particular UK nation. To play for anyone else, you need to be a citizen of that country and have not played for anyone else. So that's minimum 5 years in Spain, 10 years in Germany etc.

You've just said exactly what I said, the last time I checked the UK isn't the same as let's say England or the Republic is it?
We don't have a UK team we have teams consisting of home nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._born_outside_the_Republic_of_Ireland#England

In football terms Ireland is part of the "home nations" so it has the same rules as the UK.

So you don't have to be Irish to play for Ireland? That's my point and you consistently keep making it. Some people believe the rules should be tighter, a difference of opinion is healthy. Personally I don't see England as a team worth the effort of following because the whole set up has lost its lustre.

So you don't have to be Irish to play for Ireland? That's my point and you consistently keep making it. Some people believe the rules should be tighter, a difference of opinion is healthy. Personally I don't see England as a team worth the effort of following because the whole set up has lost its lustre.

You have to be part Irish. I think it's laughable that you feel you have the right to tell a kid born to Irish parents in England, maybe even with siblings born in Ireland who grew up supporting Ireland his entire life that he isn't Irish.

Or that someone like Sterling, who grew up in England from the time he was a toddler and lived in the shadow of Wembley supporting England that he's not English enough.

You have to be part Irish. I think it's laughable that you feel you have the right to tell a kid born to Irish parents in England, maybe even with siblings born in Ireland who grew up supporting Ireland his entire life that he isn't Irish.

Or that someone like Sterling, who grew up in England from the time he was a toddler and lived in the shadow of Wembley supporting England that he's not English enough.

I'm saying that I don't care enough to want it to change in any way, international games are a farce now and as I said playing for England or any other country doesn't mean you have to be born or even live there. Look at the Jack Charlton side and tell me it isn't a sham.

At first I thought southgate had a pair of balls dropping shriek but than in the WC he kept taking Sterling of and putting on Rashford. Now he picks utd right back just because he is utd right back !. As for Neville abit like southgate both rode their luck in WC's and from what I have seen I think the English ladies are going backwards under his management. I tend to watch England like I do utd mostly laughing at how poor Dyer and Henderson are, and the keeper doing big dives when the shot is going miles wide just so it looks good for photos !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.