FA Youth Cup SF - City 4 WBA 2

Thought their number 5, Ferguson was outstanding at the back would have been a bigger scoreline without him

I thought the standout player in the first half was their goalie. It was nearly cups for cock-ups that let them back in at 3-2. Their first goal was their first shot on target, and the bollox at the back for their second was about the sum total of their efforts. WBA weren't a bad side. They soaked up the pressure for the first 25 mins and then struck for 1-1 at HT, but we do have some quality players. Nmecha and Doyle pull a lot of strings and we seem to have a conveyor belt on wingers with a fair bit of trickery and pace. We more than edged this game. I watched a game on TV from the Welsh League the other day, but these kids are something else. There is quality all over the pitch and it was an extremely delightful performance tonight. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Brilliant game,i really enjoyed that.

It should have been 10.....we have some proper talent.A shame McDonald went off injured,he's a favourite of mine.

Not sure about 10 but it was closer than it should have been because of the loony 2nd we gave them. You are right though there are some really good players in that team and I agree re McDonald. Hes a real presence in that holding role and doesnt look out of place at center back or right back when I have seen him play there.

Doyle is serious quality. Yes he gave a goal away when he had to play the holding role but up to then he was excellent. Great goal and wow his corners are so so good. Knight was my MOTM. 2 goals but he's a bit Bernado like with his energy and top close control.

Tommy Doyle mentioning Bernard in his interview after the game is class. Will be good game v Liverpool.

Excellent performance. Game should've been over after 30 minutes.

Nmecha the pick for me; looked cool on the ball, lovely technique, always trying to create space for himself and others and the goal was coolness personified.

Doyle was great first 30 mins, but seemed to lose the energy and disappeared for large portions later on. One slight criticism (and it may just be me), but he seemed to be playing to the crowd at times, arrogant almost, as though he's already made it. Maybe I just wanted more after such a fantastic start from him, when he was dictating play. The expectations are high for him I suppose.

Onwards to the Final. See you all there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.