FA Youth Cup

That's the first team at 19:45. I think the youth team are on at the same time, unfortunately.

Although I'm not sure if I've completely misunderstood.
Bugger, just realised which forum I posted in...

Edit: Not to mention I got the other team wrong :(

I think I have never seen two teams play with such contrasting styles. Burnley were clearly put together in the image and likeness of BFS. 95% of the goalkeeper's clearances, whether goal kick, free kick or from hand were put into orbit. They clearly didn't like the idea of playing out from the back, although towards the end they tried it a bit. It was one of those games where they only way the oppos would score would be if we cocked it up, and young Slicker tried his best to emulate de Gea but with an even softer one. He got away with it. Much the same pattern of play as the first team - statistical battering that belies the 1-0 scoreline.

I think I have never seen two teams play with such contrasting styles. Burnley were clearly put together in the image and likeness of BFS. 95% of the goalkeeper's clearances, whether goal kick, free kick or from hand were put into orbit. They clearly didn't like the idea of playing out from the back, although towards the end they tried it a bit. It was one of those games where they only way the oppos would score would be if we cocked it up, and young Slicker tried his best to emulate de Gea but with an even softer one. He got away with it. Much the same pattern of play as the first team - statistical battering that belies the 1-0 scoreline.

Having watched the 18's a lot I would put this down as one of the poorest performances. Burnley was useless. Very organised and energetic in their attempt to defend for the whole game but going forward they offered zilch and as said for them to have a chance , never mind score, it had to be a glaring error form us. How Slicker got away with his cock up I don't know. And he's usually good with his feet.

Our key attacking players just weren't really at it tonight. Braaf exploded a few times , a few very good crosses, one fierce shot beaten away but not quite his best. Delap , who rate very highly wasn't his best either but took his goal with a lot of composure but somehow , with all the crosses fired in he just didn't get on the end of them. Hard to work out if that was mostly unlucky or he didn't read them correctly and break his neck to get there.

Morgan Rogers for me just doesnt do it. Loads of great positions and didnt get the final ball right even if he was there to get the ball to Delap for the goal. maybe I am missing something but he doesn't seem to have the touch, control , composure to make it. Doyle, plenty of decent stuff but too many poor passes when in good positions. Always loads of effort but too often trying the killer pass when he shoudlnt imo.

We will play Arsenal or Blackburn in the semi.
Both would make very interesting opponents. Blacburn beat us at their place earlier in the season and didn't deserve to lose to us last weekend and that's despite their lowly league position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.