Fabián Ruiz

Classy player. Plays for a team with a twat president though. Don't want to do business with them at all. Though I wonder if we can entice them to take Zinchenko in a player plus cash swap for Ruiz. They had interest him in the past.

Nail in the coffin for Foden if this (or another CM signing) goes through.

I don't want to hear how we need another CM when Silva leaves, because Foden can't get a game with a visibly declining 33 year old in front of him, how is he going to with a 24 year old £70m signing?

KDB, Gundogan, Foden and the odd appearance from Bernardo in times of need is more than enough depth. I think Zinchenko should be getting more of a look in centrally as well.

He will be pushing for a move if someone else comes in ahead of him and I wouldn't remotely blame him. Falating him in press conferences isn't enough to keep him on side.

Nail in the coffin for Foden if this (or another CM signing) goes through.

I don't want to hear how we need another CM when Silva leaves, because Foden can't get a game with a visibly declining 33 year old in front of him, how is he going to with a 24 year old £70m signing?

KDB, Gundogan, Foden and the odd appearance from Bernardo in times of need is more than enough depth. I think Zinchenko should be getting more of a look in centrally as well.

He will be pushing for a move if someone else comes in ahead of him and I wouldn't remotely blame him. Falating him in press conferences isn't enough to keep him on side.

You might not want to hear it but it will happen. We will need a replacement for silva, perhaps not a direct replacement to take his place in the side but at the very least a body to replace the one we will lose.

2 spots for Kdb, Foden, and then gundogan who will occasionally be needed in dm and Bernardo who will be occasionally needed on the wings isn’t enough. It’s almost the same situation as what we’ve found ourselves in this season at cb with 3 options and a potential 4th in emergency’s for 2 spots. Many people claimed we had enough there too and one single injury down the line and we’re in crisis, the exact same would be the case with no replacement and an injury to Kdb. We made the glaring error this summer, I trust we will learn from this error and not make a similar one again.

The only instance where we don’t bring in a central midfielder is if we move Bernardo inside permanently and bring in an extra wide player or we bring in an extra holding midfielder as an alternative to Rodri to free up gundogan into the 8 role permanently.

You might not want to hear it but it will happen. We will need a replacement for silva, perhaps not a direct replacement to take his place in the side but at the very least a body to replace the one we will lose.

2 spots for Kdb, Foden, and then gundogan who will occasionally be needed in dm and Bernardo who will be occasionally needed on the wings isn’t enough. It’s almost the same situation as what we’ve found ourselves in this season at cb with 3 options and a potential 4th in emergency’s for 2 spots. Many people claimed we had enough there too and one single injury down the line and we’re in crisis, the exact same would be the case with no replacement and an injury to Kdb. We made the glaring error this summer, I trust we will learn from this error and not make a similar one again.

The only instance where we don’t bring in a central midfielder is if we move Bernardo inside permanently and bring in an extra wide player or we bring in an extra holding midfielder as an alternative to Rodri to free up gundogan into the 8 role permanently.

There’s a huge difference between an extra body to neutralise injury/suspension, and another expensive, elite midfielder who’s going to keep Foden 4/5th choice.

Fabregas is way past his best, but he probably could be enticed into a bit-part player/coach role - playing 5-10 game’s a season with legs around him when necessary. That’s the kind of player we should be bringing in to pad out the squad without compromising Foden’s development; he’d probably learn a lot from him too.

There’s a huge difference between an extra body to neutralise injury/suspension, and another expensive, elite midfielder who’s going to keep Foden 4/5th choice.

Fabregas is way past his best, but he probably could be enticed into a bit-part player/coach role - playing 5-10 game’s a season with legs around him when necessary. That’s the kind of player we should be bringing in to pad out the squad without compromising Foden’s development; he’d probably learn a lot from him too.

You’re effectively advocating bringing in a lesser player than we could otherwise attract, that’s nonsense. you bring in the very best you possibly can and then it’s upto them battle it out in training to show who deserves to play. The whole notion of a new signing holding back somebody else is such a backwards thought process and one that lingers from years of us just existing. We will not sacrifice the present for the potential future, it’s something the chairman says every year when he does his annual interview and as Pep regularly says, kids will not be gifted game time, they have to earn it just like everyone else. We will have a much better Phil Foden for the next 10-15 years if he’s made to earn his place rather than gifted it

Look at this squad and recent signings. When have we bought someone inexpensive to cover injuries/suspensions recently? We bought Cancelo for 30m+ Danilo to compete with Walker recently. We bought Mahrez for 60m when we had Sane/Bernardo who could play his position.

You have to watch it he's just a wonderful player, the truth is I didn't know how good he is until I started following him lately. I think he's perfect in our midfield instead of David, Im not worry about Foden, he will get enough minutes even if he join us.
The only problem is the owner of Napoli and the crazy price he will demand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.