Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Delph also we should recognise not that he’s shit because he isn’t but that Zinchenko has come in and really taken his chance which will clearly put Felph down the pecking order when Mandy is fit - but that’s not because he’s shit but others are better

he means well but is too reckless, otherwise he could do a job as a though guy in the midfield or something, although pep doesjt really fancy those. outside of vidal and keita i guess

On Delph also we should recognise not that he’s shit because he isn’t but that Zinchenko has come in and really taken his chance which will clearly put Felph down the pecking order when Mandy is fit - but that’s not because he’s shit but others are better
He was good last season but this season hes been horrific at times

Tbf he is shit at the moment, because he's not fit enough to play regularly & be match sharp. That's why he fell for the dummies pass over his head & fucked up.

But he was our best left back last season, & in some games played better than Walker, who was playing well, in spite of not being a fullback & deservedly got back in the England setup, where he looked a much better footballer than the usual centre mids.

He isn't that player at the moment, nowhere near, but he might be again, if he gets match sharpness.

Withdrawn from the England squad due to injury. Never seems to be fit these days. Very frustrating.

Not good at all at the moment
Key phrase being "at the moment." A lot of our fans seem to have forgotten how well he did last season to help us. He didn't suddenly just forget all that. He is simply off rhythm.

This is the reason why I'm never optimistic about presently injured players. It is awful hard to get back in rhythm after a layoff. Your body isn't fully right. Your mind is slower to adapt to your body, and your game simply doesn't fit right with your teammates who have been playing together all that time when you were out.

I mean if Kompany, Debryune and Dave can struggle after a layoff, then no one is protected.

I'd say him withdrawing from the England squad is anything but frustrating, we need everyone fit, so a 2 week gap is probably the best thing for him, especially as its 2 weeks with Pep in his ear, not Southgate.
His absences have a tendency to go on for longer than 2 weeks hence that’s the frustration. I don’t give 2 fucks about the England national team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.