Fabian Delph - Everton move confirmed

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by David 'El Mago' Silva, 23 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCblue

KCblue

An England international for £15m would seem a good bit of business for clubs like Everton, Leicester, West Ham, etc.

2. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

But his injury record and the fact that he is definitely not needed anymore, means we'll probably get around 8m-10m.

3. KCblue

KCblue

If there is only one bidder then I'd agree, hopefully there are multiple clubs interested. Honestly, even £8m would be breaking even with him plus getting four seasons out of him.

4. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

We have done well out of that bit of business. He's a decent pro and played a fair amount of games. When you think we paid £11m for Patrick Roberts it's good.

Hope he gets a decent move.

5. PrezIke

PrezIke

Should not be less than 18-20m, but I know we're not into haggling if we want a player gone or vice versa too often.

HG players who can slot in decent/good sides cost a lot more (see: Drinkwater), even at his age and with his injury record.

He's also highly versatile and a leader.

Actually, if Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban I'd be they'd be interested as Alonso had struggles defensively this season. Not that Delph doesn't pose problems in that area as a left back. Regardless, he still is stronger in that area I'd contend.

Last edited: 23 May 2019
  6. ctid1894

ctid1894

Delph is a cracking player and seems like a cracking lad in the dressing room too. Sad to let him go but he deserves to be in someone’s first team if not ours, good luck to him.

PrezIke, mosssideblue and SVP like this.
  7. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

I’d keep him if he wants to stay.

A vastly underrated and versatile player and very rarely lets us down.

I can understand if he’s thinking fuck I’m 30 soon and want to play week in week out so I’ll get off.

Leeds though?

Several levels beneath him imo.

Needs to go to an Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Celtic, Rangers if he wants to play every week and at a good level.

Franknorgrovesnephew likes this.
  8. MCI

MCI

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Our team is only as strong as our weakest link. Delph is definitely one of the weakest links.
    • He was the reason Son scored a goal in the first CL-leg, when deciding to stop play instead of closing him down.
    • He was in the starting line-up in all three games in December last year, which we all lost.

He definitely has to go. One 'bad' player is more than enough to bring down an entire team.

remember arthur mann likes this.
  9. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Utter bollocks.

Son was offside at the start of the move they scored through. Goal should never have stood.

In terms of the 3 we lost in December - you’re suggesting Delph was the sole reason for those 3 losses?

The other 10 players on the pitch had nothing to do with those results?

10. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

Bang on the money, clear as the nose on your face !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.