Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think “rotation” doesn’t necessarily mean starting, but actually coming on in games, playing partial games, etc...

Just as Aguero and Jesus need to share game time upfront, so they can bust a lung, so it is with rotation in other positions. Gives players game time, keeps everyone fresh and match fit. Like that Pep always uses all of his subs. Good management of player time in the firing line, and helps with getting the youngsters some time.

Until we get some points under us in these next 6 games, and everyone is upto Premier League fitness and speed, I think rotation will be limited to split games (60/30) for certain players and positions.

I think “rotation” doesn’t necessarily mean starting, but actually coming on in games, playing partial games, etc...

Just as Aguero and Jesus need to share game time upfront, so they can bust a lung, so it is with rotation in other positions. Gives players game time, keeps everyone fresh and match fit. Like that Pep always uses all of his subs. Good management of player time in the firing line, and helps with getting the youngsters some time.

Until we get some points under us in these next 6 games, and everyone is upto Premier League fitness and speed, I think rotation will be limited to split games (60/30) for certain players and positions.

I agree with this, which is why I think it is important that we take our chances when they present and are less profligate than we have been. Guardiola likes a three-goal cushion before making wholesale changes, so the sooner the starting eleven can reach that target, the easier it is for him to have the squad primed.

Will get plenty of game time over the course of the season. Mendy is bound to pick up niggles being that explosive.

Everyone has apparently been assured that they will get significant game time (Guardiola said so recently), so I expect him to feature in the coming weeks. The League Cup doesn’t start until the weeks of September 24th, so unless injured I expect all players to have had some game time well before then.

Would love to see Pep try Delph out at the pivot in the league cup if we're drawn against a non-PL side.

Delph has shown patience before, for seasons, and ended up an integral part of a record breaking championship XI so i can't see him chucking his toys out now. He knows he'll play a good few games for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.