Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph is better defensively than Mendy, he adds better babalnce, for me Mendy is more of a winger the way we play, maybe Pep should try that if Sane isn’t available.

Incredible to think he was halfway out the door to Stoke last summer.

He's massively underrated outside our fan base.

Hed be England's best central midfielder of they played him there.

He’s already England’s best left back

Was just abt to same the same thing, hadn't Pep even sanctioned it?

Fair play to him for staying and managing to get in our starting eleven regularly, albeit through Mendys injury.

He played well today, and as others have said, we look better balanced with him in our preffered set up. I think there will be games which suit Fabian, and games which suit Mendy, today was definitely a Fabian game.

Having said all that, it was an odd switch when Fabian came off, pulling Walker over to the left, we did look a bit unbalanced then!

We're unquestionably a much better defensive unit with Delphy in the side and arguably far more balanced.

The fact he can play as an inverted fullback also helps, he adds so much more than Mendy in terms of playing through the opponents press.

The lad has been fantastic for City, I would be surprised if Pep had any intention of letting him go elsewhere any time soon.

I would guess he is one of those players who the staff would say is a joy to work with and a very top draw professional sportsman.

I want to get behind mendy as he's exciting going forward but Delph is just amazing and in truth he hasnt done anything wrong to warrant being dropped this season

Real classy professional and deffo need him against the better teams as he's better defensively than Mendy

Don't bring that up I still feel guilty as fuck; I remember saying what a great price we were getting for someone who was struggling with injuries.

Now he walks into my starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.