Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then, I respectfully disagree.

People say we can't have 25 world class players and that's true, but then why can't someone like Fernando be that squad player that we need? Why do we need to get Delph to play a bit part role when we could just use Fernando and then seek to sign genuine improvement and quality.

Signing Delph would be compromising on quality for the sake of him being HG in my opinion, when we could tackle the quota issue in other more beneficial ways.
The way I see it, we can only have 17 foreign players, and with very few exceptions, this is where all of the world class contingent of any top team will come from. So for me, it's far more important to keep these 17 spaces for players that are genuinely going to turn us into a top team, whereas with the homegrown players, there's no such issue. There'll always be room for world class players, but with the likes of Fernando, Kolarov, Dzeko, etc, if we can replace them with an English player of equal talent, then we should. That then frees up an overseas slot for us to bring the likes of Pogba or De Bruyne into the squad. The problem with using someone like Fernando as a squad player is that he's actually preventing us from bringing in genuine improvement, because that improvement will almost certainly be foreign. We then get in a situation where we're having to loan out players to meet the overseas player limits and potentially sell players for less than they're worth because everyone knows we have to sell.

Although for the record, I'm all for judging Fernando on next season, because it often takes a player a season to adjust to the league.

As I referred to him as a "walking yellow card" that does not simply translate to the number of bookings he's gotten but his style of play and tackling; which is all too often reckless and akin to a headless chicken.

I don't believe there can be any denial of that if someone has seen him play even just the once. I've seen "energetic" thrown around a lot, that's nothing more than a nice way to say he dives in a lot imo. For someone to have compared him to Barry is laughable.

It will if he comes to City ;-)

Sorry but can't agree with that at all. He may do the dirtiest of work with Brazil but that's purely tactical whereas Delph has very little footballing intelligence and is just reckless; unlike someone like Barry or Fernandinho. There's no comparison.

I think Fernandinho is one of the best, but imo he does dive in, & he gets booked for it. And he sometimes, in fact quite often, gets wrong side & tries to nick the ball, when he should be diving in, & gets left behind, so someone else has to dive in & get booked to rescue it.

Neither Fernandinho nor Delph are Gareth barry type players imo, he was a genius at one job, they are the blokes who play next to him, which was the case when Fernandinho played at Shakhtar, he played next to a Gareth Barry type geezer (who was pretty fucking good tbf, & would be a more like for like replacement).

Delph is a decent player who could easily become very very good indeed imo. At his best last season, he was better than most performances by our similar mids, at his worst, a bit worse perhaps than their worst, but not that much difference that it's worth arguing about. He is a bit inconsistent.

For that price, it's a potential Zaba style bargain, & if it doesn't work out, we'll get half of it back. It's not even a 'maybe' imo. Just do it & see.

This is bad move for both the player and the club. Anybody that thinks he has even ant's ass of a chance of getting a place in our midfield needs to get checked in instanta. Even Jimmy who is supremely more talented than him couldn't get a sniff. And the comparisons with Schneiderlin? Please stop it. You are embarrassing yourself. As for whoever is in charge of player acquisitions, you claim we want to surpass Madrid and Barcelona, but please tell me this, would Madrid or Barcelona ever consider a player like Delph, even for their bench? If so, please dont mind me. Carry on.

This is bad move for both the player and the club. Anybody that thinks he has even ant's ass of a chance of getting a place in our midfield needs to get checked in instanta. Even Jimmy who is supremely more talented than him couldn't get a sniff. And the comparisons with Schneiderlin? Please stop it. You are embarrassing yourself. As for whoever is in charge of player acquisitions, you claim we want to surpass Madrid and Barcelona, but please tell me this, would Madrid or Barcelona ever consider a player like Delph, even for their bench? If so, please dont mind me. Carry on.
He's got more in his locker than fernando.

I'm confused, obviously if he signs I really hope he proves me wrong. But he's not ever shown anything particularly impressive that has made me remotely feel he could be good enough for us.
Apart from being Villa's best player for yonks? Playing a starring role for England? Oh yeah I get it, Villa are shit, England are shit, so therefore he's not good enough for us. I wish some of you lot had the self awareness to realise how brattish you sound. Fair enough you're entitled not to rate this player but he's going to prove you all wrong.

Apart from being Villa's best player for yonks? Playing a starring role for England? Oh yeah I get it, Villa are shit, England are shit, so therefore he's not good enough for us. I wish some of you lot had the self awareness to realise how brattish you sound. Fair enough you're entitled not to rate this player but he's going to prove you all wrong.

So we are brats because we don't agree with your perception of him as a player.
I think it's you who needs to climb down of that high horse of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.