Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it depends on who the opposition is. When we play a team like West Brom we will use Yaya as the pivot. I think when we play strong sides who press well like Spurs we will may play a midfield 2 with Dihno and Yaya or Gundogan. I don't feel comfortable with Gundogan as a single pivot though. I've seen him give the ball away when pressured. I can't remember which game. It may have been against Barca away. I also think you need some height when balls are in the air in the midfield.

Gundogan doesn't give the ball away, he just doesn't, he's nearly as good as Silva at positioning his body to protect the ball and make his next pass as simple as possible. You clearly haven't seen enough of him.

Gundogan doesn't give the ball away, he just doesn't, he's nearly as good as Silva at positioning his body to protect the ball and make his next pass as simple as possible. You clearly haven't seen enough of him.

I guess we'll see if Pep thinks he's good enough because he's never played as a single pivot every game he's played for us so far. Like I said in big games I think it's more likely we play a 2 man midfield.

I guess we'll see if Pep thinks he's good enough because he's never played as a single pivot every game he's played for us so far. Like I said in big games I think it's more likely we play a 2 man midfield.
It's not about whether Pep thinks he's good enough, Gundogan may not even want to play there and may feel more comfortable further forward so he can go and get goals.

Kimmich literally said ""I would prefer to play left-wing, striker or even goalkeeper -- any other position -- rather than sitting on the bench as a central midfielder."

As much as I like him, he's not leaving.

Since he would walk in as our starting pivot I don't see the issue.

Since he would walk in as our starting pivot I don't see the issue.

"For me, it is a huge chance that the club is planning to play me at right-back. I want to use this chance to confirm their confidence [in me] with solid performances. And I am confident I can do it."

Kimmich going to be at Bayern next year. We're not signing him. I don't disagree that he's a great player though

BBC reporting the rags aren't in for him. Hopefully that means he may stay put and we might go for him next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.