Facial recognition at City?

It's simply amazing the technology they are considering here vs their inability to efficiently dispense beer and not run out of pies.

Has anyone heard one of these Ken Dodd tickling stick type scanners go off yet or are they just pissing us about till KO so another smug TV pundit quips "look at all the empty seats for such a big club".... That's cos were all outside getting fuckin' tickled to death!

They should introduce a pongometer as well because the silent but deadly smelly twat somewhere near me kept popping one out all game! : /
One went off on me last season, bloke said “what’s in your pocket” , I said it was a sandwich, right ok go in ....

It's just another thing to piss fan's off and make us stop going to games. Shit, slow overcrowded transport, searches, var killing spontaneity, pricing, now facial recognition. Going to a football game is supposed to be a PLEASURE not some form of expensive stress filled ordeal where you are increasingly being treated as a category A prisoner. Carry on clubs you will soon have no fans attending games!

It's just another thing to piss fan's off and make us stop going to games. Shit, slow overcrowded transport, searches, var killing spontaneity, pricing, now facial recognition. Going to a football game is supposed to be a PLEASURE not some form of expensive stress filled ordeal where you are increasingly being treated as a category A prisoner. Carry on clubs you will soon have no fans attending games!
Yep

Yes I did actually. Been a busy day on here, my heads getting mashed mate.

No worries. Some of what you said is right. Numerous times last season I resorted to pulling my top up just to speed up the process and at other times it would have been easier to take me pants off and shake it upside down.

No worries. Some of what you said is right. Numerous times last season I resorted to pulling my top up just to speed up the process and at other times it would have been easier to take me pants off and shake it upside down.
From my experience of queues and getting searched on the turnstiles I think the worst ones are in South stand lower and East corner lower. Noticed a table of plastic bottles full of water yesterday. Fair enough, we can't take them in as they could be anything, from bleach to explosives. But the main reason is so we buy the rip off food and drinks.

Where does all this security stop?

I was in 329 last season and it was a breeze getting in. Mainly because it's full of harmless doddering FOCs though. Good job they don't have to give their catheters up or there'd be no room on the tables; )

When I get to being an FOC with a catheter I'll empty it all over the table and put it back in place. That will piss the jobsworths off.

This is an article from the Telegraph in 2018...……… https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/01/man-city-brink-becoming-next-premier...

If it doesn't work (dinosaur) this is an extract...….

Manchester City are on the brink of becoming the next big Premier League club to commit to pay all who work for them the “real” Living Wage.
On the day Manchester United were condemned over their failure to do the same having made Alexis Sanchez the highest-paid player ever in England, the Telegraph can reveal runaway league leaders City are close to concluding deals that would leave their arch-rivals trailing in their wake once more.
City insist they already pay the independently-calculated Living Wage of £8.75 per hour to all staff but admit they also have contracts in place with suppliers which sees some who do work on their behalf earn less than that.

I don't know what the truth is but I'd personally side with the Living Wage Foundation over the Telegraph and because we're not listed on there, I think there's probably more we can do in that area which I'd rather prioritise over investing in something as universally hated as facial recognition.

A source at Manchester City said reports of a pilot facial recognition scheme were premature and there was no such plan in place. The club would always be “open to exploring new and appropriate technologies and systems to improve fans’ experience at the stadium”. [@guardian]

@libertyhq Policy and Campaigns Officer, Hannah Couchman: “This is a disturbing move... Manchester City should urgently reconsider their involvement in normalising a mass surveillance tool which can track and monitor us as we go about our everyday lives.” [via @guardian]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.