Failsworth

It was when we were there, between '89 and '99. M10 was our postcode in Newton Heath, but know that is now M40 as my old man still there.
New Moston is M40 as well though (or at least parts of it are). I can't keep up with all these new-fangled changes... I remember when all this was fields etc. etc.

Do they still have Double Luck chippy next door to Bob's shop on Westminster Road?

New Moston is M40 as well though (or at least parts of it are). I can't keep up with all these new-fangled changes... I remember when all this was fields etc. etc.

Do they still have Double Luck chippy next door to Bob's shop on Westminster Road?
Granted it has been a while but I sure the shop is still there - I don't remember even looking for the chippy to ensure fair...........

More to the point, is that little park still on that road with no playground stuff, just a field full of glass?

Granted it has been a while but I sure the shop is still there - I don't remember even looking for the chippy to ensure fair...........

More to the point, is that little park still on that road with no playground stuff, just a field full of glass?
Actually, I do remember driving through a few years ago and they'd actually done the park up to make it rather pleasant. As a kid, I spent many years in there. For years, there was an old bit of concrete pipe (1 metre or so in diameter) just lying in the middle where the roundabout used to be. That was what passed for entertainment in the 80s. Once or twice they put up a new slide which would get wrecked within days. But I believe it's now a pleasant little place to walk through with large ornamental rocks etc.

Still a chippy there yeah, different name. “Bob’s” bloody hell that’s going back. With his counter full of goods with dayglo signs proclaiming “Out of date, but still okay. 50p”

Actually, I do remember driving through a few years ago and they'd actually done the park up to make it rather pleasant. As a kid, I spent many years in there. For years, there was an old bit of concrete pipe (1 metre or so in diameter) just lying in the middle where the roundabout used to be. That was what passed for entertainment in the 80s. Once or twice they put up a new slide which would get wrecked within days. But I believe it's now a pleasant little place to walk through with large ornamental rocks etc.
'kin hell - I imagine once they had gotten over the initial shock the locals were delighted with the spike in property increase :-)

On a serious note - I am glad that it has been done up.

I will drive by when next I'm the area.......

Well I am going to give this Loose Cannon a look tonight. Never been a fan of tribute bands but I am a sucker for New Order. 2 stops on tram from NH to Hollinwood. Will see what it's like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.