Failsworth

I was brought up on nearby Albert Gardens, my old man still there. My best mate was from Leng Road (No 64) .... he still in NH down off Graver Lane.

To the OP .... We spent ten years near where you are looking. Was decent mostly, but the Pole got too Wild West for us by the end. Losing The Pack Horse was a big blow .... top pub in it's day. Proper old school landlord and landlady then. Nearby Woodhouses has two better pubs now. And Daisy Nook Country Park is lovely.
Decent bus and tram service into town, and not too far for a cab ride home.
A recent addition that I wish had been there when we were, is the Loose Cannon live music venue. In what was originally Failsworth Cycling Club, latterly a dive called Baldy Bobs, it is run by the people who had the Ruby Lounge in town ...like there it's mainly tribute bands, but some originals play there too. Zal Cleminson from SAHB on soon.

We lived at Number 3 Leng Rd. Remember summer days spent with mates at Daisy Nook and around Woodhouses where my ancestors were from. And yes, the closure of the Pack Horse was a great shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.