Fair Play Fergie/Kick it Out (merged)

Re: Fair Play Fergie

BlueAnorak said:
Well Lescott never wares 'Kick it Out' gear either. On principle after an incident at Newcastle when playing for Everton. He and a number others gave evidence but it was considered "Insufficient Evidence" to throw the book a then Newcastle player Emre Belozoglu (Turkish). He considers that ignoring multiple folks evidence is itself 'racist'. He has a point but then Rio calling Ashley Cole a "Choc Ice" is also racist.

Personally I think campaigns like this don't work. Behaviour only changes when many like-minded people stop tolerating it and pull people up for comments.

Did n't know that before you pointed it out, and it does n't look like he has been that vocal in telling the world he does n't wear the T-shirts; Seems just as it is a principled boycott with "pure" reasons behind it rather than Roberts self-satisfying stance for self promotion.

Agree about the highlighted point, but of course it is to show that something is being done all the time, which can't be done solely by punishing racist behaviour by players and supporters, because fortunately in this country it is a relatively rare occurance.

I found this on the DM article, found it quite funny.

I wonder is that why JT accepted his ban, so he doesn't have to wear one?

- kps1202 , london, 20/10/2012 11:49

Ferguson has a point about Roberts.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:25 pm --<br /><br />
blink922 said:
shevtheblue said:
How the hell is fergie right? Terry gets a 4 game ban 1 yr on from what he did so why should anyone back little shitty tshirts? Just because he takes a stand...who cares if its for personal reasons...because the overall reason, racism and the craziness that a foreigner gets a 9match (or whatever) ban and sir JT gets 4?! Madness

Agreed. It takes them a full year to fine him one weeks wages and what, 2 weeks of football? Wow, what a deterrent. He and Suarez are found guilty of breaking the same rule according to the FA, so why is the foreigner banned for twice as long? Complete joke. Fuck fergiscum, only looking to get his piss covered name in the papers.
That is answered clearly in the full report, maybe rather than ranting, you should read it.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fair play to Ferguson???

Why is that?....The man will use any opportunity to hog the headlines and deflect about the real issue here. Instead of it now being about the vile racism that went on last week he has a pop at Roberts for him choosing not to support the kick it out campaign putting the actual issue of the racist chanting to the back burner.

What a fucking horrible cnut of a man.

fair point well made

SWP's back said:
Ferguson has a point about Roberts.

-- Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:25 pm --

blink922 said:
shevtheblue said:
How the hell is fergie right? Terry gets a 4 game ban 1 yr on from what he did so why should anyone back little shitty tshirts? Just because he takes a stand...who cares if its for personal reasons...because the overall reason, racism and the craziness that a foreigner gets a 9match (or whatever) ban and sir JT gets 4?! Madness

Agreed. It takes them a full year to fine him one weeks wages and what, 2 weeks of football? Wow, what a deterrent. He and Suarez are found guilty of breaking the same rule according to the FA, so why is the foreigner banned for twice as long? Complete joke. Fuck fergiscum, only looking to get his piss covered name in the papers.
That is answered clearly in the full report, maybe rather than ranting, you should read it.

good, points. The Daily mail referenced Terry's legal fees of being around the 2 million mark, if that is true then he has had a fair share of bad consequences, not to mention damaged exposure and loss of revenue, sponsorship etc. Whilst Suarez will have most likely moved abroad soon anyway, say he ends up playing at Juve; Will the club and their fans care about the racism? No, of course they fucking won't, just like the biting incident incident in Holland barely gets referred to by the British media, and their fans don't care about racism because Juve fans sang racist chants about Balotelli during games not involving Inter or Mario.

Wonder what he will have to say about Ferdinhand?

The only United player not wearing the shirt

mcfc_ms said:
Wonder what he will have to say about Ferdinhand?

The only United player not wearing the shirt
Should be interesting as he said ALL utd players would be wearing them.

The only time I'll say "Fair Play to Fergie" is when he cuts his own throat, or jumps off a bridge. I'll even say I respect the man if he condemns everything he's ever said, and then drinks a gallon of bleach. What the hell does he have to do with a player not wanting to be paraded out onto the pitch wearing a shirt for a farce of an anti-racism campaign. I know he's going senile, but someone needs to be his attendant and zap him with a cattle prod every time he starts sounding like he's stroked out.

Ferdinand's actions today just go to show that Ferguson has absolutely no influence over his players actions. All the press bullshit about him being able to handle players differently to any other manager are just utter wank. Be interesting to see if any journalist has the balls to ask him what action he will take against Ferdinand.

For what it's worth, if I was a black player I wouldn't wear one either - the whole issue of kicking racism out of football is only about fans, it seems that players can just say what they want to each other, and unless a camera picks it up they'll get away with it. However, as for Ferdinand, he lost the moral high ground when he called Cole a choc-ice.

Ferdinand is an ignoramous he's part of the problem and he has the nerve not to wear the t-shirt.

Calling another player a choc ice and taking the moral high ground shows just how stupid he is.

I can see the point behind not wearing the shirt or supporting the organisation but wait and see when more and more players exercise their right not to wear one, the kick it out campaign will just be a sham.

It may get to the stage where only white players end up wearing it in sympathy for other players who couldn't give a fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.