Fair Play

CTID1977

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NRqsUKVt4&feature=share[/video]

Shota Arveladze has resigned as Kasimpasa coach on the same night that he ordered his team to concede a goal out of respect for the concept of 'fair play'.
Ryan Donk opened the scoring 19 minutes into Friday's Super Lig clash with Konyaspor in Konya but the visitors had stopped playing because of an injury to Kasimpasa attacker Ryan Babel.
As a result, Arveldadze instructed his players to let Konyaspor equalise, thus allowing Hasan Kabze to stroll through to score immediately after the re-start.
Kabze later earned Konyaspor all three points with a 40th-minute penalty, leaving Kasimpasa with just one win from their last five league games.
However, Arveladze was unrepentant when it came to discussing the game's biggest talking point, insisting that he would take the same decision again if given the chance.
"I do not want to talk about this situation," the Georgian coach told reporters. "Anyone would make same decision as me.
"I decided to make this choice because this is what Kasimpasa really are.
"I talked with my guys after match and told them that I'm going to resign. Thank you very much to everybody in club."
Arveladze, who represented the likes of Ajax, Rangers, AZ and Levante during his playing days, had been in charge of Kasimpasa since October 2012.

I seem to remember this happened in an arsenal game ,where the team that were playing kicked it out because an arsenal player was injured,arsenal went on to score ,im sure that the game ended up being replayed ,ill have a look now

found it .

Arsène Wenger offers an FA Cup rematch to Sheffield United 13 February 1999

The FA Cup often throws up weird and wonderful situations but in 1999 Highbury witnessed one of the strangest episodes in the competition's history.

Arsenal were drawn at home against Sheffield United in the Fifth Round and beat the Yorkshire team 2-1 thanks to goals from Patrick Vieira and Marc Overmars. However, the winning goal caused plenty of controversy.

The ball had been kicked into touch by a United player so one of his team-mates could receive treatment. But when Kanu received possession from the resulting throw, he broke away down the right and squared for Overmars to score.

The Blades were outraged and pointed the finger at Kanu but the Nigerian had simply misunderstood the situation, unaware that a United player had needed treatment. Nonetheless, the dispute was not going to be settled easily.

Arsène Wenger stepped in and, recognising the unique situation Arsenal found themselves in, he offered United manager Steve Bruce a chance to replay the match at Highbury.

Wenger's gracious offer was accepted and, with the FA's consent, the rematch took place 10 days later. Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp put Arsenal in charge and, although the Blades grabbed a late consolation, they suffered another 2-1 defeat.

CTID1977 said:
However, Arveladze was unrepentant when it came to discussing the game's biggest talking point, insisting that he would take the same decision again if given the chance.
"I do not want to talk about this situation," the Georgian coach told reporters. "Anyone would make same decision as me.
"I decided to make this choice because this is what Kasimpasa really are.
"I talked with my guys after match and told them that I'm going to resign. Thank you very much to everybody in club."
Really? Are you certain? He sounds like one of my ex-girlfriends in an argument.

Also similar to Di Canio who caught the ball and stopped play rather than scoring when the Everton keeper was injured.

In this cynical money driven age the manager should be applauded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.