Fallout: New Vegas

the--dud

Coming out 22nd of October. Only 12 days to go now! :D

Waited for this game over a year now, absolutely cannot wait.
Got my pre-order from play.com with "Caravan Pack" pre-order bonus!

Any other Fallout fans eagerly awaiting this game?

I've been a fan of Fallout and Elder Scrolls for a long time. I'm a huge fan of the modding community for both games, it's great how much freedom is given to the modding community by the developers.

Fallout 3 is one of my alltime favourites, clocked up nearly 200 hours on that in total. Have to say it does look like a fallout 3.1 in the sense that it doesn't look like much has changed. But then again, when it's the game is as good as fallout 3 there's not much improvements to be made. Cannot wait for New Vegas.

Good to hear there's some Fallout fans on here ;)
Hopefully we can get this thread going when NV comes out!

I've clocked up well over 200 hours on xbox 360 for FO3 GoTY as well but don't think it's that buggy!
The quests are a bit particular that you have to do them in the right order but that's not really bugs? Occasionally it might freeze up, especially in VATS mode... As long as you save quite regularly it's not a game breaker in my opinion.

And aye I see Fallout NV as Fallout 3.5 to be honest. Bethsoft/Obsidian has always made it clear this isn't Fallout 4 though. Simply because it uses the same engine as FO3.
More like a gigantic expansion pack really.

ElanJo said:
Been playing Fallout 3 quite a lot recently. The actual story is far too short tho. You build that giant world and yet you only make about 7 missions for the main story? wtf?

What do you mean bud? Fallout 3 has 14 main quests and 17 side quests :s

It's not a game like Call of Duty you know. In my opinion you should take your time with the game, not just race through it. If you do that you're making it harder for yourself as you'll be quite low level when you get to the later (harder) quests.
Just take your time between quests and go explore the amazing world :)

the--dud said:
ElanJo said:
Been playing Fallout 3 quite a lot recently. The actual story is far too short tho. You build that giant world and yet you only make about 7 missions for the main story? wtf?

What do you mean bud? Fallout 3 has 14 main quests and 17 side quests :s

It's not a game like Call of Duty you know. In my opinion you should take your time with the game, not just race through it. If you do that you're making it harder for yourself as you'll be quite low level when you get to the later (harder) quests.
Just take your time between quests and go explore the amazing world :)

There's 11 main quests. Some of which aren't very long. I didn't play it like CoD, I'm a fan of RPG type games. I did quite a lot of exploring and about half of the side missions but I thought there'd be enough main missions to be able to do 3 or 4 on the bounce. Once I did that I was racing behind the giant robot and it felt abit like a final battle so I stopped and checked on the net and sure enough it was basically the end. Pissed me off and haven't gone back to finish it yet (it's made worse by the fact I spent ages downloading and installing loads of mods). And going back to just explore and do the remaining side missions before carrying on just feels silly.
I'm used to RPG type games that have an epic story. Fallout 3, whilst an excellent game in general, is pretty crap on the story front.

Right I was counting the three tutorial quests.
Well I'm sorry you thought the story was crap, I disagree though. But that's OK...

As far as I've heard F:NV has a bigger game-world and less linear and longer story so here's hoping we'll both be satisfied.

The story itself was great although i do agree their was a shortage of main missions. I was like dud though, took my time, explored as much of the surrounding area as possible before moving on to the next mission.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.