Fallout: New Vegas

Played it for half an hour until the first crash. Very good, maybe i'll wait for a patch.

I've never played Fallout 3, is there a story that follows on or can you just pick it up and play? I really like the look of New Vegas

You should just be able to pick it up, although you'll maybe miss a bit of the background history, if you cared that much you could always just read about the first one, i'm sure there are summaries around.

Got the 360 version - buggy as hell! Disappearing enemies, ground that glitches and turns into a bottomless pit, certain characters regenerating after you've killed them endlessly, Brahmin impaled on the coral fence, people randomly dropping dead when you fast travel to a location.... Hope there's another patch soon.

Good game, very playable. But not as good as FO3 imo in terms of story and ability to immerse you in the game environment. It's been described as just DLC for FO3 and I;d agree - asking £35-40 for it as a separate game is robbery, should be £20-25 on Xbox Live as DLC. Still, I do love the slo-mo explosions :)

fallout 3 was excellent. i don't have a computer but i borrow my brothers when a game comes out that i like, so i'll get this

don't want to start a new thread, but does anyone know when doom 4 is out? i'm looking forward to that.

bluetonium said:
Got the 360 version - buggy as hell! Disappearing enemies, ground that glitches and turns into a bottomless pit, certain characters regenerating after you've killed them endlessly, Brahmin impaled on the coral fence, people randomly dropping dead when you fast travel to a location.... Hope there's another patch soon.

Good game, very playable. But not as good as FO3 imo in terms of story and ability to immerse you in the game environment. It's been described as just DLC for FO3 and I;d agree - asking £35-40 for it as a separate game is robbery, should be £20-25 on Xbox Live as DLC. Still, I do love the slo-mo explosions :)

Fuckin ell 360 version sounds unplayable, only problem I've had with the PS3 version is the occasional split second stall but then everything sorts itself out in about 1 second. Good game looking forward to trying hardcore mode once I've finished it.

C1TY4LIFE said:
Fuckin ell 360 version sounds unplayable, only problem I've had with the PS3 version is the occasional split second stall but then everything sorts itself out in about 1 second. Good game looking forward to trying hardcore mode once I've finished it.

Yeah, it's frustrating. About 6 hours in and full of 'em. Loading times are very good though, but just hoping that I don't need to get back to a certain shack for the main quest - the entire ground near there is missing, non rendered, and I can't physically get across the divide to this shack. Even reloading doesn't work. Could be a game-breaker. If it is then I'll just grab the PS3 version.

This list of bugs isn't exactly encouraging though:
<a class="postlink" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_bugs#Bethesda.27s_support_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_ ... pport_page</a>

been playing fallout 3 on me pc for the past month :) completed the main story line (i made the woman turn the toxic thing on :D )

now im just roaming around and going to all the other vaults theres one with crazy ppl running round shouting "gary" lol

awesome game, cant wait to get new vegas..!! :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.