False Widow Spiders

Got bit by one of these on my head at least once last month. First one could have been a wasp, as I was out walking under some trees. But I definitely didn't see any flying insects, and it lasted for a couple of days. The second one was at home in bed. Back of the head. And fuck that! Rashes and stuff for ages.

I ended up killing the one I found on the window ledge, I was looking to relocate it, but in retrospect, having seen how bad the bite was, I'm glad I accidentally squashed it in the toilet paper. They have a distinctive crunchy feel.. really quite satisfying.

I accept small spiders, even house spiders, as long as they don't appear on my pillow as I'm falling asleep. But that second bite was nasty enough to have me reconsidering my position on spider housing as a whole.

We spend half of our time (so it seems) preventing our Cat from killing any creepy crawlie in the house, he's a Spider eating machine relentless in his pursuit of an easy meal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.