Family Stand to evolve from 2020/21 season

HelloCity

The evolution of the Family Stand is to begin. The club want it to cover an area including only the 2nd tier behind the goal. Level 1 will subsequently open up to all supporters.

I’d imagine this will make it easier for the club to turn level 1 into a safe standing area when development on the North Stand expansion begins.

From the City Matters minutes:

“The Club reference the fact that over time the family area has grown to include a wider mix of age ranges due to Seasoncard renewals. The requirement for adults to be accompanied by at least one supporter under the age of 18 hasn’t been enforced for a number of seasons as availability in other areas of the stadium is limited. The Club suggests that it would like to ensure that Level 2 seating in the North Stand is focused on families and that those fans who no longer qualify are asked to relocate ahead of the 2020/21 season. Level 1 of the North Stand would officially revert to an area available for all supporters to purchase Seasoncards or match tickets from the start of the 2020/21 season. This is welcomed by the fan representatives.”

Seeing as kids tend to miss the most games (night matches etc), throwing them up into level 2 seems a reasonable idea for atmosphere.

Good.

The club should get in touch with those fans they kicked out of the North Stand to create the Family Stand who they couldn’t relocate with friends they’d sat next to for years, or in some cases couldn’t find a place to relocate them full stop, and offer them cheap tickets in there as a priority.

You can count on one hand the amount of times the Family Stand has been full to capacity. Was a mistake creating it so big. Glad they’ve had a rethink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me. My son and nephew are now over 18 so this year we should by rule be moved out of our seats in north stand level 1 back row. Have been hoping this will happen and safe standing brought in. Saves having to find seats together elsewhere in the ground and also the seats we have at the moment are great as we avoid any bad weather Manchester throws at us

Good.

The club should get in touch with those fans they kicked out of the North Stand to create the Family Stand who they couldn’t relocate with friends they’d sat next to for years, or in some cases couldn’t find a place to relocate them full stop, and offer them cheap tickets in their as a priority.

You can count on one hand the amount of times the Family Stand has been full to capacity. Was a mistake creating it so big. Glad they’ve had a rethink.
When the family stand was enlarged I must have spent an hour on the phone to Danny Wilson who to be fair tried to explain the rationale behind the expansion. I told him it was a huge mistake and hoped the club would reconsider. It’s finally happened!

When the family stand was enlarged I must have spent an hour on the phone to Danny Wilson who to be fair tried to explain the rationale behind the expansion. I told him it was a huge mistake and hoped the club would reconsider. It’s finally happened!
I got in touch with Danny when I was booted out and he fixed me up with a seat in block 211 which is brilliant, some really great supporters round about and close to the away fans for a bit of banter.

I will not go back to my original location, even though it is actually better for the Metrolink.

Yes Turn level I into a singing section . sort out cheap matchday tickets there espesicaly for night games

Bugger, that means I’ll be moving out of my seat. Never mind, I’ve had a good run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.