Fancy dress at Etihad

Stoke in the 80's was the big one. Huge following that day and we still got beat
Both organised by the fanzine Blue Print, great days out (although the Stoke result was bobbins)

Ironically enough going back to the op and face mask, the Palace fancy dress was almost pulled by the London plod. They initially said no one would be allowed in wearing fancy dress as the Zulu's did something similar the previous season with Birmingham at Selhurst Park and rioted and the police couldn't identify anyone from footage due to them wearing masks.
Fortunately they backed down and the Blues Brothers party went ahead (along with the obligatory group who always came dressed as Nazis regardless of the theme!)

Last edited:
Stoke in the 80's was the big one. Huge following that day and we still got beat

3-1 we lost.

I went in a sky blue rabbit suit and a rangers top over it. Ranger Rabbit.

Remember on our coach a lad dressed as rambo. Hanging out the fire exit on the coach with his machine gun shooting everyone.

Fights all over that day.

These all in one suits seem to be popular these days. You can't even see a face in those. I've seen people at matches in them.
3ccc28a711c885e4ace4c3ba99eb74b1.jpg

The only time I remember City fans going in fancy dress was Palace away. Scorching hot day dressed as blues brothers. Think they were playing Utd in the cup final the week after if I remember right.
Stoke on Boxing Day in the 80s early 90s over 12.000 City fans there .most in Fancy dress

Dressed as banana man against Hamburg and the stewards allowed me in with 3 industrial sized bin bags full of inflatables. Security is a bit tighter these days though.
Maybe get in touch with the club and see what they say.............if they can be arsed to reply that is

Would Showsec moan about this, if say my face was covered?
Even though I'd be carrying my id which matches my seasoncard.

I've seen people hiding their identity before and been allowed in, also seen security staff hiding their identity but this has been on religious grounds.

Don't want to turn up and have the joy killers that is showsec kicking off about my outfit

As I read the first part of the op I thought you were going to mention all dress up as Sow Sec....actually that would be funny seeing thousands of fans in the high viz jackets, could cause chaos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.