Fans attack visiting team bus in France

Absolutely spot on.. several thousand grown up people who should know better turned up to intimidate our team as it arrived for a football match.. the situation quickly developed into one in which between one and two thousand individual criminal acts (as in, you try lobbing a brick or can or whatever at the 103 bus leaving Piccadilly and see how long it takes for you to be brought up before The Beak..) combined to damage the team bus and affect our team’s performance.. and all under the less than watchful eye of the Merseyside police.. Frankly, I don’t expect UEFA to do much about it.. but if anything similar happens again to any other team, I’d hope that the example of Le Havre’s management saying ‘No, this is not acceptable’ is one that is replicated by those on the receiving end..
Expect Pep to get a bigger final for his sending off.

Expect Pep to get a bigger final for his sending off.
Sadly, I think you may well be right on that, given UEFA’s record on dealing with matters like racism (eg slap on the wrist fines and undermined bans on spectators for Porto/Moscow) against its response to truly serious issues such as being one minute late back on to the pitch for the second half.. It really will be interesting to see how UEFA and the French authorities deal with the Liverpool and Ajaccio assaults on visiting team coaches, especially in light of the further event this weekend in Belgrade, with the conflagration that consumed the Red Star team’s bus as they celebrated their championship win.. a flare caused the fire to set on the bus, please note all those who think that attacking opposition coaches is part of ‘the supporter experience’ or ‘creating atmosphere’ or ‘bantz’.. thankfully nobody was injured in Belgrade.. and, again, I hope any team subjected to such criminal activity anywhere in Europe will have the guts, like the Le Havre management, to say ‘This is not acceptable’..

Agree with all the posts about turning around and going home.

Minute the first can hit the coach we shouldve 3 point turned, took a few out and headed back past The Rocket and home.

Eufa were never going to do anything because liverpool are in ‘the gang’ we couldnt be any further out of it

during the game yesterday, president Vincent Volpe of Le Havre & the french deputy Agnès Firmin-Le-Bodo from Seine-Maritime were exflitrated from the stand after being attacked by corsican "fans".Shameless LFPfr

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.