fans favourites replaced by better players

goatinho

with the uproar of joe hart being "forced" out i was wondering which other fans favourites have been forced out and been replaced with who....for better or for worse?
i remember selling paul walsh getting sold and us buying gerry creany...shocking....any others?

Remember people going on a bit when I was a kid and Marsh got fucked off , people having a go at Book (if I remember right) I was very young.

I remember Ian Bishop being swapped for Mark Ward by Kendal and a very emotional home match against Norwich.,

Also Michael Hughes being allowed to leave and us signing Rick Holden. Absolute madness.

The other one and probably the most contentious was Peter Reid overlooking Clive Allen for Adrian Heath. The vitriol when Heath blazed over a sitter against United or was it Arsenal in the coca cola cup which nearly cleared the North Stand roof.

I was only a kid but the day Franny left was a bad day. Always remember him coming back with Derby and sticking one in the top corner in the Platt Lane where I was sitting.

Was gonna say Bishop myself - you wouldn't have thought he'd only been at the club for a few months considering the reaction to the sale. There were even banners on the terraces begging him to stay/Kentallen not to sell.

Not a lot of audible dissent over Hart considering some fans said they were going to 'riot'...

The other one and probably the most contentious was Peter Reid overlooking Clive Allen for Adrian Heath. The vitriol when Heath blazed over a sitter against United or was it Arsenal in the coca cola cup which nearly cleared the North Stand roof.

Good shout. Heath never really had a chance replacing Allen. I think that is because Allen was the first big name signing wed made in a long time, and was a class apart (at times!). I was only 9 when we signed him but I'd never really been excited about a transfer before - he scored nearly 50 goals in a season only 2 years before.

Remember Allen coming off the bench to bag a couple away at Notts County and the away support singing 'Are you watching Peter Reid' for what seemed like almost all the second half. I sincerely hope he was, he was managing us and at the game at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.