Fans holding up "Please Give Me Your Shirt" placards

It probably stops the shirt going to a charity, somebody who's ill or being auctioned off for charity.

Very cringe seeing these signs.

I think its sad and pathetic but then again i'm not 9 years old and consider multi millionaire footballers my heros.

I have also never held up a tin foil covered piece of cardboard pretending to be the FA Cup at a an FA Cup game or bought a half and half scarf.

I don't feel like i'm missing out either.

One of the nicest things you see at football is a player passing his shirt onto a little nipper who's desperate to get his or her hands on the shirt of their favourite player.

Witnessing it happen by 4 different players at Leicester recently put a smile on my face anyway.
Nicer still is meeting a lovely girl in about 18 years time who proudly shows the shirt and tells you she was given the shirt at the match in 2021 and has treasured it ever since.

two on the concourse yesterday...they scuttled into 106 before i got a "are you for fucking real" photo.

also some prick went against the tide after the final whistle because they wanted to get pitchside with a big shit piece of cardboard didn't heighten my mood either
I saw that bloke, had about four young kids with him and a couple of cardboard begging signs, clambering down the steps and over seats as everyone else was filing out and going up.

A great placard would have been a big fat bloke with one saying " Akinfenwa can I have your shirt please", on Tuesday night.
“We’ll make a full team of junior football shirts out of it”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.