Fantasy Supergroup

mad4city

Some say it was already a reality with Cream but who would comprise the ultimate supergroup? For me, it's the following:

Drums: Levon Helm (not as technically proficient as Ginger Baker, maybe but better vocals, better songwriter and less likely to randomly kill everybody)

Bass: Paul McCartney. (Good voice, could play a bit and, call me crazy but, I have hunch there may have been some songwriting ability, too.

Rhythm Guitar: Keef (again, arguably not the most technically gifted (or so I'm told) but dammit, he's Keith fucking Richards!)

Lead guitar: Rory Gallagher (I know most people will say Hendrix, Buddy Guy or Clapton and we'll, I probably wouldn't argue too hard but, I just like Rory's raw sound).

2nd Lead Guitar: Neil Young (I was tempted to go with Bob Dylan but we'll, he was never a team player/ band member (not really!) whereas, Neil Young was). Springsteen losses out for similar reasons.

Organ: Ray Manzarak (think it was him played organ with the Doors) just about edges out Garth Hudson.

Lead Vocals: Elvis Presley (which totally contradicts my Dylan and Springsteen eliminations but, to this day, I don't think there's been a Rock n Roller with the King's vocal range).

PS: Just read all of the above back. God, I'm old. Think Springsteen is the youngest mentioned - and he must be 70!

Drums: Phil Collins

Bass: Olly Murs

Rhythm Guitar: Russel Watson

Lead guitar: Rod Stewart

2nd Lead Guitar: Mick Hucknall

Lead Vocals: Kym Marsh

Band manager : Eamonn Holmes

Drums: Neil Perth
Bass: Jonas Hellborg
Keyboards: Kevin Sheridian
Guitar 1: Steve Vai
Guitar 2: Shawn Lane
Acoustic Guitar: John McLaughlin
Vocalist: Whoever, don't really need one.

Drums-John Bonham
Bass-John Entwistle
Back up Guitar-Stone Gossard
Lead Guitar-Johnny Marr
Vocals-Jeff Buckley

Or just Led Zeppelin.

Drums: Bill Brufford
Bass: Paul McCartney
Keyboards: Rick Wakeman
Guitar 1: Jeff Beck
Guitar 2: Hendrix
Acoustic Guitar: Steve Howe
Vocalist: Paul Rodgers or Jimmy Barnes (Famous singer in Oz, great singer)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.