Fanzine Collectors (ChipsnGravy)

Sven's Fluffer

Cellar dweller, always lurking sometimes smirking.
Clearing out the attic and found a copy of Chips n Gravy, issue 2 Sept/Oct.

Front page is 'Excuse me, Mr Policeman...I've lost me Dad'! (Taking piss out of the Kappa illuminous stripey number we had). Mock up story is the fact we are about to land a cash windfall of 100k due to the visits of Burnley and PNE on sucessive Saturdays. Still makes me chuckle.

Anyway, free to a good home. That is of course assuming someone, somewhere collects this type of thing!

Sven's Fluffer said:

Front page is 'Excuse me, Mr Policeman...I've lost me Dad'! (Taking piss out of the Kappa illuminous stripey number we had). Mock up story is the fact we are about to land a cash windfall of 100k due to the visits of Burnley and PNE on sucessive Saturdays. Still makes me chuckle.

Anyway, free to a good home. That is of course assuming someone, somewhere collects this type of thing!

used to sit next to pat,his brother and his mum on back row of kippax,still see them sometimes outside ground,good guys

Sven's Fluffer said:

Hi mate. I'm one of the editors from Chips. The young lad on the cover is my nephew and the older bloke was the landlord of the boozer we used to drink in before home matches.

I've PM'd you regarding this particular issue.

nicholasjackson said:
Sven's Fluffer said:

used to sit next to pat,his brother and his mum on back row of kippax,still see them sometimes outside ground,good guys

PM'd you too, mate.

"Chips n Gravy" was probably the edgiest City fanzine. KOTK was plodding, factual, a bit middle aged and middle of the road. CTIC and BTH were a bit more intense, although could be irreverent and opinionated. Chips N Gravy, at least when it started, was the voice of the young blue who went on the beer to away games and maybe stood his ground for a punch up.

We had such a brilliant array of fanzines in those days.

Didsbury Dave said:
"Chips n Gravy" was probably the edgiest City fanzine. KOTK was plodding, factual, a bit middle aged and middle of the road. CTIC and BTH were a bit more intense, although could be irreverent and opinionated. Chips N Gravy, at least when it started, was the voice of the young blue who went on the beer to away games and maybe stood his ground for a punch up.

Yep, we went for the 'slapstick' sort of approach, Dave. Like you say, there was a bit of everything for folk, due to the array of publications on offer. Fond memories. Not only that, became friends with many due to its existence.

Impeccable said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yep, we went for the 'slapstick' sort of approach, Dave. Like you say, there was a bit of everything for folk, due to the array of publications on offer. Fond memories. Not only that, became friends with many due to its existence.

I remember your first issue, in face I remember the editorial. A story about a mouthy cockney getting covered with Chips N Gravy outside the Parkside Chippy. How's that for a memory?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.