FAO jim

Jim,

What do you think is Queen's best album?
For me it has to be Sheer Heart Attack.
Brighton Rock, Now I'm Here and Stormtrooper really are the mutt's nuts.
It was also my first ever serious album (my parents bought it for me Xmas 1974). Think my gran gave me some record tokens and I grabbed a copy of Dark Side of the Moon. Both of those albums changed my life....well my spin on music anyway.

That's a good shout Andy. Any of those first 4 albums are stand out albums. Outstanding tracks abound during that period. Keep yourself alive, March of the Black Queen, Great King Rat, Procession, Death on two legs, Lily of the Valley, The Fairy Feller's ,master stroke etc etc. And that's not mentioning any of the singles, especially Bo Rap. To me, they never quite reached those height again. Some of the later albums were pretty good (The Game, The Works, Innuendo, A kind of magic), some were alright (The Miracle, Jazz, News of the World, A day at the races) and some were shite (Hot Space, and both live albums).

Jim,

Just remembered that I have a rare 10 inch record from back in the day.
It has Brian May and Eddie Van Halen (plus other notable musicians incl Howie Mendel) doing a cover of an eighties sci-fi cartoon theme tune - Star Fleet. Apparently, May did this as his son was nuts about the programme and he decided to get together with a few friends to cut the track. The b-side has a 12 minute spontaneous jam with Eddie called Blues Breaker and the two of them just keep trading solo's. Cracking disc. Can't say that I have ever come across it since or even seen reference to it on the net. Get hold of a copy if you can. Well worth it.

andy h said:
Jim,

Just remembered that I have a rare 10 inch record from back in the day.
It has Brian May and Eddie Van Halen (plus other notable musicians incl Howie Mendel) doing a cover of an eighties sci-fi cartoon theme tune - Star Fleet. Apparently, May did this as his son was nuts about the programme and he decided to get together with a few friends to cut the track. The b-side has a 12 minute spontaneous jam with Eddie called Blues Breaker and the two of them just keep trading solo's. Cracking disc. Can't say that I have ever come across it since or even seen reference to it on the net. Get hold of a copy if you can. Well worth it.
I have that Andy. Proper musicians, no synths or poncey DJ's. The one I have is a standard 12" record though. That 10" might be worth a few bob!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.