FAO those who just know the rags will be champs come May

Re: FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

I reckon it's like 35% chance we'll win it, 65% they will. May put a bet on them actually, if they do win it at least the money will dull the pain.

Good post. I agree 100 per cent, all you get on here is people saying you can't boo, people saying you can't leave early etc etc, I have been going to city since 1979 and yes I have booed yes I have left early , when stockport fucking county beat us at Maine road , so fucking arrest me for being a day tripper

Pam said:
Josh Blue said:
you seem like an angry person pam.

When it comes to the determined to be negative bastards brigade, I am very angry indeed. It is such utter bullshit that because we have to play the Arse away and the Chavs at home, the game is up. Pathetic. Fuck off and put a bet on, then, and make yourselves a small fortune.

Small fortune? The odds aint that good anymore.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:12 pm --<br /><br />
tommo74 said:
Good post. I agree 100 per cent, all you get on here is people saying you can't boo, people saying you can't leave early etc etc, I have been going to city since 1979 and yes I have booed yes I have left early , when stockport fucking county beat us at Maine road , so fucking arrest me for being a day tripper

Yeah but they got City Tatoos so must be a much bigger fan than you.

FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

Someone who sits behind me said he has put £100 on United to win the title, he said if United do win he gets a small fortune, if not then city win and he will be even more happy.

franksinatra said:
So what if a blue thinks United might pip us to the league, City fans have always been pessimistic due to the tumultuous history the club has had over the past 35 years.

You cant leave early, you cant show too much emotion and now you cant be pessimistic. Too many people spend too much time worrying about other peoples behaviour.

Clearly the Blue is keeping in check his own dreams and aspirations to prevent the potential disapointment, if we do fall short. The only thing that matters is
he is desperate for us to win it.

Absolutely fucking spot on pal just because a fan outwardly expresses negativity/reality doesn't mean they dont inwardly dream and yearn to rub their arrogant red faces in it come May ! To be honest I feel a lot more comforatble with a dose of realism from fellow blues than the "we'll fucking stuff Swansea 4 nil no problem" morons who appear to becoming more prevelant . It's simply not the City way !

FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

Don't like being pessimistic but if our away form doesn't improve 95% on our last 10 away games there is only one place the title is going :'(

waspish said:
Don't like being pessimistic but if our away form doesn't improve 95% on our last 10 away games there is only one place the title is going :'(

Exactly this. On current form there is no chance. If I had 100k I probably would put it on them to win it.

Edit: According to Paddy Power, if I bet £100 on the rags to win it, I'll get £157.14 back. That's surely an easy £57 made isn't it?

Further edit, register via the City website and get a free £20 bet, so lumped that on too and will get an extra 11quid odd.

Salado De Bap said:
franksinatra said:
So what if a blue thinks United might pip us to the league, City fans have always been pessimistic due to the tumultuous history the club has had over the past 35 years.

You cant leave early, you cant show too much emotion and now you cant be pessimistic. Too many people spend too much time worrying about other peoples behaviour.

Clearly the Blue is keeping in check his own dreams and aspirations to prevent the potential disapointment, if we do fall short. The only thing that matters is
he is desperate for us to win it.

Absolutely fucking spot on pal just because a fan outwardly expresses negativity/reality doesn't mean they dont inwardly dream and yearn to rub their arrogant red faces in it come May ! To be honest I feel a lot more comforatble with a dose of realism from fellow blues than the "we'll fucking stuff Swansea 4 nil no problem" morons who appear to becoming more prevelant . It's simply not the City way !

Years of hurt have conditioned us this way and as you point out its better to be pessimistic than arrogant, which a select number have become.

The 'never win at home song' the antithesis of 'we will score when we want chant' made a welcome return on Thursday. I will always think the worst with City and am quite comfortable with that, im still scarred by Pollock own goals, Lomas running into the corner, David Pleats dance, balloon assisted goals, it use to be a badge of honour the pessimism and self depreciating humour.

Furthermore any fan looking objectively would have to concede United have an easier run in. So what it doesn't stop you dreaming or caring, regardless of the demons in your head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.