UK far right trouble July/August 24

Be truthful if say 4 Somalian young men who couldn’t speak English and you knew they were migrants would you feel just as comfortable with your young children playing outside unsupervised with those men you know nothing about hanging around ?
Now in todays world that extra concern you’ve just felt might actually make you racist, that’s because you’re basing you concerns on the colour of skin and foreigners but it’s the unknown, they dont know who they are
how many people have ben told that Islam tells them its their to duty to kill non believers and its fine to have sex with underage girls and beat their women etc…
This on top of what people have already seen in the past, muslims blow themselves up in terror attacks like 9/11 and MEN, Muslims have chopped a soldiers head off.

People in deprived areas are living this at the moment they don’t know they’re neighbours and are scared and if you’re not living on a street or community where this is happening it’s hard to understand I’d imagine
These people for me deserve to have their concerns listened too and reassured

If all the racial tension is to calm down people on both sides need to be able to discuss it and listen to each other

smashing up churches and bricking police officers doesn’t help anything but neither does labelling someone a right wing nut job racist if they raise a concern because then normal decent people are too scared to express their concerns for fear of being labelled

What on earth have Somalis as a broad community done in this country to be feared?

I would say if 4 random Somali men were hanging about outside my house, I would question what they were doing there. If they were my neighbours, I'd speak to them and get to know my neighbours. If 4 white men that I didn't know were hanging about outside my house I'd be wondering what they were they doing there too. The idea that I should negatively judge Somali people whom I haven't spoken to or know anything about purely because of what others have said about Muslims maddening to me.

Fear of the unknown includes white English people, because to me the 'unknown' isn't about their culture or religion, it's about them as an individual. I wouldn't send my son out unsupervised if 4 white men I have never seen before were hanging about outside my house. That doesn't mean I have something against white men, I'm just very protective over my son. Now, most likely people have a reason to be where they are, so a simple conversation would most likely ease those fears or concerns.

The people whose concerns you want to listen to, why are they scared of their neighbours? Who are their neighbours? Has something happened to make them fearful? Have the neighbours done something or behaved in a way that is concerning? Are they fearful because of what they're being told on GB News? You're right that people's concerns should be listened to, but it's important to ask questions about those concerns, and not just say 'well, they're scared of their Muslim neighbours, we must do something about immigration'.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.