UK far right trouble July/August 24

I know people who live in Sunderland and someone who works at the Uni. People from there will attest - the House of Jollof is well liked and the Uni would have closed if there were no foreign students- these thicko's want to further cut down their local economy coz they don't like forriners - maybe these knuckle draggers are the reason the Uni have a London Campus

Clueless doesn’t begin to describe it. Mind you, they voted for Brexit because of foreigners as well and they had hardly any, and still haven’t, ffs.

In the latest census, around 256,500 Sunderland residents said they were born in England. This represented 93.5% of the local population. The figure has decreased from around 260,200 in 2011, which at the time represented 94.4% of Sunderland's population.

Scotland was the next most represented, with just over 2,500 Sunderland residents reporting this country of birth (0.9%). This figure was down from around 2,800 in 2011, which at the time represented 1.0% of the population of Sunderland.

The number of Sunderland residents born in Nigeria rose from just under 450 in 2011 (0.2% of the local population) to around 1,200 in 2021 (0.5%).

Ban these far right organisations like the so-called "English Defence League". They are violent, racist, terrorist organisations and they should be treated as such. Arrest and prosecute the perpetrators of racism, violence and terrorism.

So... why don't you go down to the street and tell them it to their faces?

You clearly don’t come across many Somalis in your neck of the woods.

Tell me your experiences with them then, that are uniquely Somali problem? You clearly have had negative experiences. I have had Somali neighbours (not next door, on my street), a friendly family that partake in community events, the eldest son is a doctor. I have two friends that I met in university 10 years ago that are my friends still to this day. I have been invited to break fast with them in their houses, attended Somali weddings and been invited to many Eid celebrations. Those are my experiences and they are lovely. No community is immune from having unsavoury elements within them and they’re no different in that sense, but I’d love to know what you mean.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.