UK far right trouble July/August 24

They don't want to live with people that have a different colour skin. They want to live with people of their "own kind"....even though they're the kind of people that can't even get on with their "own kind".
Send them to an island where they only have white sheep.

from what I have seen some are so covered in tattoo's its impossible to tell what their skin colour is

One of the most frustrating narratives by people who seem reasonable and not necessarily on the side of protestors here is some idea that you can't talk about immigration. It's a nonsense, I'm 38 and all anyone my entire adult life is done is talk about immigration. It has dominated every general election since I could vote (Michael Howard "are you thinking what we are thinking" were one of the main billboards in my first ever voting GE), it has dominated Brexit and beyond, it has been at the forefront of public life since the second world war. We talk of nothing else.

Immigration is high now because the Tories have changed how they've calculated numbers, illegal immigration is worse because Brexit has fucked us. Even Corbyn's Labour didn't stand on a platform of open borders, no one has. Ultimately the "honest" conversation about immigration never actually is "honest": if you don't want every social service in the country to collapse, if you want your pension to be paid, if you want food on your shelves, if you want universities to be funded, these are the numbers that we currently need, give or take a couple of thousand, to sustain them. The price we pay for that is a richer and diverse culture, a better English football team, racists being upset that they have to see their kids going to school with Asian kids, and like any population a tiny minority being criminals. That's the honest conversation.

Would it be nice if we could create the conditions where perhaps our social security system didn't collapse if our economy didn't grow constantly, would it be nice if people born here lived in conditions where they could start families younger than they currently do, maybe. All up for debate, but no one ever votes for those policies: they vote for house prices rising, pensions staying strong, and a strong consumer culture.

The right are stood in Piccadilly gardens shouting we want are country back and the left and heading towards the town hall shouting free Palestine police look like they done a good job keeping them apart
Police would be doing an even better job if they packed up, went home and let the two mobs kick fuck out of each other.

Just had a disagreement with the mrs about this.

Personally I think the “anti fascists” just make things worse for the police and are just another mob looking to kick off.

They should fuck off just like the right wing nutters should.

I think in theory yes, less people on the streets, less chance of it kicking off and therefore less complicated for the police to try and contain the disorder on the streets. I do think it’s important though, to show there is a legit opposition to this, and not let the people attacking mosques and rioting, beating up police officers force a narrative that their perspective is the prevailing one amongst the white English population. Thats why it was so heartwarming to see the Scouse locals come out to protect that mosque, and the locals in Southport come out to help repair the damaged wall in the mosque. I think it’s important to demonstrate to the Muslim community that they aren’t on their own in this.

I’d rather have peace and order in our streets where we all live harmoniously amongst each other but for as long as mankind have marched in the streets, there have been counter marches and it’ll always be this way.

That’s how I feel about things. I have been incredibly saddened by events over the past week, but I’ve also been encouraged by the unity and kindness shown by others.

This is what people do for fun on a saturday afternoon nowadays.

We've all collectively lost our minds.

When is the bloody football back on.
I've missed football that much I'm even watching the Scottish league now

One of the most frustrating narratives by people who seem reasonable and not necessarily on the side of protestors here is some idea that you can't talk about immigration. It's a nonsense, I'm 38 and all anyone my entire adult life is done is talk about immigration. It has dominated every general election since I could vote (Michael Howard "are you thinking what we are thinking" were one of the main billboards in my first ever voting GE), it has dominated Brexit and beyond, it has been at the forefront of public life since the second world war. We talk of nothing else.

Immigration is high now because the Tories have changed how they've calculated numbers, illegal immigration is worse because Brexit has fucked us. Even Corbyn's Labour didn't stand on a platform of open borders, no one has. Ultimately the "honest" conversation about immigration never actually is "honest": if you don't want every social service in the country to collapse, if you want your pension to be paid, if you want food on your shelves, if you want universities to be funded, these are the numbers that we currently need, give or take a couple of thousand, to sustain them. The price we pay for that is a richer and diverse culture, a better English football team, racists being upset that they have to see their kids going to school with Asian kids, and like any population a tiny minority being criminals. That's the honest conversation.

Would it be nice if we could create the conditions where perhaps our social security system didn't collapse if our economy didn't grow constantly, would it be nice if people born here lived in conditions where they could start families younger than they currently do, maybe. All up for debate, but no one ever votes for those policies: they vote for house prices rising, pensions staying strong, and a strong consumer culture.
Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.