UK far right trouble July/August 24

Following this story from far away because even in a world of horrors the murder of these three little girls is especially horrific. And in a dull and gentle place like Southport too (it was only the other week I was saying in a different thread what a nice place it is to watch Lancs play cricket.) Lots of talk about patriotism and the state of England in these pages, so it's worth saying again that it was Orwell who came up with the best statement I've ever seen on this when he distinguished his English patriotism from the right-wing nationalism of his time. Probably too much to hope for that the EDL mob read up on him while they're gathering their piles of bricks this weekend.

How the hell can you compare JSO, to violent protestors attacking police ffs

The JSO protestors have had longer sentences than some fucking sex offenders.
Well no one has been convicted yet of attacking the police on Tuesday night so we have no idea what sentences might be handed out.

If and when they are that sentence will depend on whether it's handed down by magistrates or in a Crown Court, the nature of the offences plus any aggravating or mitigating factors.

And the reasoning behind the JSO sentences has been explained on here more than once. As I'm sure our legally qualified members will attest, sentencing can appear to be capricious and inequitable at times, and can even depend on the individual judge, but sentencing guidelines are there to give judges a guide to what they can and can't do.

But if it's any consolation to you as the father of an emergency service worker, I think that people attacking police, fire service and paramedics should be dealt with harshly.

Well no one has been convicted yet of attacking the police on Tuesday night so we have no idea what sentences might be handed out.

If and when they are that sentence will depend on whether it's handed down by magistrates or in a Crown Court, the nature of the offences plus any aggravating or mitigating factors.

And the reasoning behind the JSO sentences has been explained on here more than once. As I'm sure our legally qualified members will attest, sentencing can appear to be capricious and inequitable at times, and can even depend on the individual judge, but sentencing guidelines are there to give judges a guide to what they can and can't do.

But if it's any consolation to you as the father of an emergency service worker, I think that people attacking police, fire service and paramedics should be dealt with harshly.
I guess the aggravating factors are too long to list, and the mitigation can only be being stupid enough to be taken in by the far right rabble rousers. Fairly sure sentencing will be close to the upper limit of what is allowed.

Following this story from far away because even in a world of horrors the murder of these three little girls is especially horrific. And in a dull and gentle place like Southport too (it was only the other week I was saying in a different thread what a nice place it is to watch Lancs play cricket.) Lots of talk about patriotism and the state of England in these pages, so it's worth saying again that it was Orwell who came up with the best statement I've ever seen on this when he distinguished his English patriotism from the right-wing nationalism of his time. Probably too much to hope for that the EDL mob read up on him while they're gathering their piles of bricks this weekend.
Not sure any of the pissed-up cokeheads who desecrated the vigil for the 3 little girls would have heard of Orwell, one of the greatest British authors.

1721434403320.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.