UK far right trouble July/August 24

There shouldn't be any violent peace protests though, should there?

No mate there shouldn't but we have them all the time, "Ohh it's only a minority that do it" , "Well they've got a good reason", if you're violent in a gang for whatever reason and you know the consequences beforehand it's off you pop.

Left right or middle, we need to make smacking the shit out of each other uncomfortable (Probably not shooting people) but long long custodial sentences.

You really are trying to convince me you are a right wing conspiracy theorist..hopefully not

what was alarming? loud mouths getting nicked? did you want them to be able to go where they wanted, behave how they wanted? No. it was planned and staffed properly-it ended with 100 arrests and v little trouble. Hopefully a few of them end up in court and lose their jobs. Consequences.
I don’t think anyone should be protesting at this time, but they have the right to. But to arrest people for not leaving when you weren’t allowed to is strange. To cuff people for being in an unauthorised area when they may not have known and were not warned is strange. Tell them they can’t be there, and if they won’t go, arrest them. It seems procedurally wrong to me. I would have thought it would lead to claims of wrongful arrest.

I don't understand why rioting is not treated more seriously.

If water canon, baton charges and rubber bullets don't do the trick then why not shoot a few of the fuckers as a last resort?

It would make the coked up pricks think twice about going out for a fun Summer's night of rioting, and reduce the appeal of it.
Does this apply to Leeds and Rochdale as well.

I don’t think anyone should be protesting at this time, but they have the right to. But to arrest people for not leaving when you weren’t allowed to is strange. To cuff people for being in an unauthorised area when they may not have known and were not warned is strange. Tell them they can’t be there, and if they won’t go, arrest them. It seems procedurally wrong to me. I would have thought it would lead to claims of wrongful arrest.
I'm not sure that happened?

And yes, I fully support people's right to assemble and protest-its vitally important in a fucntioning democracy.

The policing in London last night was bizarre. Understandably they were in full riot gear as it may have turned ugly, but there was only a small amount of violence initially. People walking through the area including a new presenter were handcuffed for being in an area that wasn’t approved for the protest route, but without any warning that they were in an unauthorised area. The presenter was released when a different officer recognised him. He was just on his way home. A senior officer was heard to shout pick anyone and arrest them, despite no offences being committed, just some chanting. Many were kettled in to an area, despite their wish to go home. They were told they couldn’t leave. They were then told they couldn’t leave until they provided their names with proof of ID. The were all going to be charged with breaching the conditions of the protest by exceeding the allotted time. They were only over time because they had been kettled to an area and detained. There was little violence and 100 arrests yet in Southport there have been 5 to date after serious criminality. It was surreal to watch.
Took me all of two seconds to Google that and find out the "news presenter" was some prick from GB News who also happens to be part of Laurence Fox's mental conspiracy party, just there to stoke up trouble with the rest of the thugs.

Hardly Jeremy Paxman was it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.