UK far right trouble July/August 24

I wasn’t, I was simply saying that there is such a thing as a violent peace protest where those originally assembled should not be blamed for the violence.

Not at all, I know what you're saying and if you're on a peaceful protest but get a bit violent it stops being peaceful by the very definition of it being violent.

It's semantics of the wrong kind, off to the big house for the mindless thugs who can't convince people with words.

Not at all, I know what you're saying and if you're on a peaceful protest but get a bit violent it stops being peaceful by the very definition of it being violent.

It's semantics of the wrong kind, off to the big house for the mindless thugs who can't convince people with words.
So if you are in a peaceful protest, and a counterprotest group violently attacks you, and you defend yourself, that is now a violent riot, for which you are also responsible?

What with the weather and tensions high, it’s got potential to be a pretty horrible weekend for the police.

So if you are in a peaceful protest, and a counterprotest group violently attacks you, and you defend yourself, that is now a violent riot, for which you are also responsible?

I have seen people on here defend certain protests to the full making excuses for obvious violence and vandalism citing many reasons why it occurs.

IMHO there are not many protests that are even thought of as ending peacefully it's just that some protests violent or otherwise are accepted as morally grounded.

FWIW I would always assume that counter protesters are shit stirrers and can hold their peaceful protest on another day instead of trying to shout down the message of the protestors on that day.

We need rules and new ones.

thats a good question-i know my force used a rubber bullet in the early 2000s...whether they are still a thing I dont know.

But they can kill-I'm not sure its viable.
I did some work at a police training college down in south east England about 15 years ago.

They had a shooting range that was used for rubber bullets, they were everywhere.

You missed the guy that killed his girlfriend and her family with a crossbow? That was recent, too.
Or are we only picking out crimes by non-whites?
Well no I am not. My first example was of the stabbings in Southport. We have been told he is British born in Cardiff. Or do you know something else.

The Police wrapping big sticks arround the legs of the criminals a few times, like the police in India use would be appropriate imo. You move on and disperse quietly or you get a smack, your choice !? Nothing wrong with that.

The Police could liven things up a little by playing a bit of Metallica Seek and Destroy on loud speakers before dispersing the crowd. That way the dickhead rioters would know what's coming.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.