UK far right trouble July/August 24

For the legally knowledgeable on here
If they don’t plead mental health issues, what other things would the attackers lawyer be doing ?
Would they do their best to get him a lighter sentence and what kind of reasons would they be giving for anything but spending the rest of his life in jail
I assume one will be his age
You're going to be inundated with notifications. Are you ready?

Once you allow political violence to take root you're on a very dangerous slippery slope.

We seem to be in danger of losing the distinction between peaceful protest and mob violence.

BTW if these nutters in Southport had sat down outside the mosque and sung Kumbaya no one would mind. Albeit, it would still have been a misdirected expression of anger/frustration.

Again we are in danger of the false equation Black=Muslim=Foreigner=Terrorist. It is a false equation, but it's easy to come to that assumption if your IQ is below 50. You end up hurting completely innocent people. It's like someone thinking all white males are Cyril Smith, Ian Brady, Jimmy Saville, Hitler. Which, by the way, some nutters do believe in essence when they put all the troubles of the world on the 'white patriarchy'. That's bollocks too.

I have seen people on here defend certain protests to the full making excuses for obvious violence and vandalism citing many reasons why it occurs.

IMHO there are not many protests that are even thought of as ending peacefully it's just that some protests violent or otherwise are accepted as morally grounded.

FWIW I would always assume that counter protesters are shit stirrers and can hold their peaceful protest on another day instead of trying to shout down the message of the protestors on that day.

We need rules and new ones.
Then we agree there is a difference between violent riots and a violent peace protest.

Not to say the unrest in Southport was the latter, but those two outcomes exist exclusive of one another, and not all peaceful protest that turns violent due to outside agitators should be termed “violent riots”.

Then we agree there is a difference between violent riots and a violent peace protest.

Not to say the unrest in Southport was the latter, but those two outcomes exist exclusive of one another.

Those who rioted in Southport were cunts and deserve everything they get thrown at them and more, you'll get no argument from me on that.

For the legally knowledgeable on here
If they don’t plead mental health issues, what other things would the attackers lawyer be doing ?
Would they do their best to get him a lighter sentence and what kind of reasons would they be giving for anything but spending the rest of his life in jail
I assume one will be his age
I'm pretty sure minors cannot be given a full life sentence.

They used to call it 'detained during His/Her Majesty's Pleasure.' Which meant an indeterminate sentence often around 20 years. See for example this famous case in Victorian times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constance_Kent

The wording may have changed but my guess is the basic system is the same.

Social Media posts by these knuckle draggers advertising a "huge" protest in Liverpool this weekend.

I know a friend who works for Merseyside Police has had their rest days cancelled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.