UK far right trouble July/August 24

Think something is planned for Saturday in Manchester unfortunately.

There's also something in Liverpool too and it's close to the mosque conveniently. However, there's a protect the mosque group too so it will either get very ugly or the people of Liverpool will be getting some praise for fucking the protectors off.

I've actually got some faith things will go well in Liverpool. They are generally pretty community-minded and like to look after each other.

Manchester though... It's just much bigger, more a series of different communities. I'd stay clear.

It was a reply to your dumb comment would you expect him to forget how taxis work to be honest.

You said he was "sane enough to order a taxi".

Take the craziest person out of a nuthouse and I'm sure they'd still be able to order a taxi.

(Edited as I admit I was being a bit unnecessarily snarky about your original comment, so apologies for that.)

Last edited:
Always worth remembering that 82% of the population use social media.

These are purely from my own experiences of using Twitter for a long time (circa 2011). Culture wars or preconceptions about ethnic minorities and crime seem to be frequent to a point where there’s trends all day. It’s been there for years but I’m convinced it’s at its worst and most extensive now.

I think if you’re isolated and use it extensively, the effects can be dire.

Totally agree. Twitter is a mess with loads of ai bots used to flood people's feeds and try and influence them. Facebook's been that way for years, but Twitter has probably caught up under Musk.

Clearly social media has much to answer for. However, he was apparently the son of refugees and hasn’t exactly shown the level of gratitude or respect towards his adopted country that one might hope for.
Would you apply the same logic to say..Liam Gallagher? His parents aren't British, are they? If he murdered someone, would it be important for us to know his parents are Irish?

You said he was "sane enough to order a taxi".

Take the craziest person out of a nuthouse and I'm sure they'd still be able to order a taxi.

(Edited as I admit I was being a bit unnecessarily snarky about your original comment, so apologies for that.)
I might have a little prickly, daughters father in law having some issues at the moment and been sectioned for trying to hurt himself,no matter how far gone he is don’t think he’d hurt anyone else but I bet at the moment he couldn’t order himself a taxi.

It's stupid to label everyone rioting ' far right ' which the BBC can't wait to do. There were a lot of racists on view the last couple of nights but also a lot who just want a scrap, it's what they live for. A sweeping generalisation from the BBC again, but not unexpected

I might have a little prickly, daughters father in law having some issues at the moment and been sectioned for trying to hurt himself,no matter how far gone he is don’t think he’d hurt anyone else but I bet at the moment he couldn’t order himself a taxi.

Doesn't sound good, hope things improve given time mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.