Favourite Beatles Song

The Long and Winding Road. Divisive I'm sure!
Not really mate, its a crooner type song like Lennons Goodnight, but it just shows what made them so good, they could write any genre and do it very well.
Something also is a crooner type song and Sinatra called it the greatest love song ever written.

One of my favourite Beatles songs is one they wrote for Cilla Black called Step Inside Love, Im a big Jazz fan so it appealed to me right away.

It was never released by The Beatles but here is a demo, Paul has the fucking smoothest of voices in those days.

I think it wouldve fit well on The White Album instead of Ringo's erm song.

Not really mate, its a crooner type song like Lennons Goodnight, but it just shows what made them so good, they could write any genre and do it very well.
Something also is a crooner type song and Sinatra called it the greatest love song ever written.

I think it's the brass that gets me. It's strange because overall I prefer McCartney's Beatles output over Lennon's output . But Waters over Gilmour. Both retrospective different artists

I think it's the brass that gets me. It's strange because overall I prefer McCartney's Beatles output over Lennon's output . But Waters over Gilmour. Both retrospective different artists
So do you prefer the Spector version or the Naked version of it ?

The Kinks getting banned from the USA killed them as a super band. They would be on a different stratosphere if they'd not. I for one would put the Kinks above the Beatles, simply because I think they're better. The most underrated band of all time. Now you might say, they get lauded and spoken about well etc etc.. BOLLOCKS!! They should be music royalty ! They were(hopefully will be again) simply BRILLIANT.

Much as I like the Kinks, I’m not convinced they’d have taken America by storm in the same way The Beatles did, even if they’d not been banned. They always struck me as a very English band with their kitchen sink vignettes. And whilst I know that commercial success is not always a reliable gauge of talent (after all, the band with the 2nd highest number of UK no.1’s is fucking Westlife - albeit that in the ‘00’s you needed about 1/5th of the sales required to top the charts in the ‘60’s), with just 3 x UK no.1 singles and 0 x UK no.1 albums, The Kinks were a country mile behind the Beatles, who had 17 (20 if you include the fact that 3 were double A sides) of the former and 11 of the latter, respectively (and that’s not including greatest hits compilations). I’d have the Kinks in my top 20 bands of all time no question, maybe even in my top ten, but the Beatles lapped the entire field, including the Stones, who’d be my choice for no.2.........

So do you prefer the Spector version or the Naked version of it ?

Spector. Did he do anything with ELO? Not a fan but my dad likes them and the production is immaculate.

I always think Joy Division are the antethesis of Spector but along the same lines

Much as I like the Kinks, I’m not convinced they’d have taken America by storm in the same way The Beatles did, even if they’d not been banned. They always struck me as a very English band with their kitchen sink vignettes. And whilst I know that commercial success is not always a reliable gauge of talent (after all, the band with the 2nd highest number of UK no.1’s is fucking Westlife - albeit that in the ‘00’s you needed about 1/5th of the sales required to top the charts in the ‘60’s), with just 3 x UK no.1 singles and 0 x UK no.1 albums, The Kinks were a country mile behind the Beatles, who had 17 (20 if you include the fact that 3 were double A sides) of the former and 11 of the latter, respectively (and that’s not including greatest hits compilations). I’d have the Kinks in my top 20 bands of all time no question, maybe even in my top ten, but the Beatles lapped the entire field, including the Stones, who’d be my choice for no.2.........
Davies changed direction because of the ban, he then put two fingers up to all the same old same old who were writing about drugs, sex and free hippy love and started on his quintessential English period. Believe you me, if the Kinks hadn't been banned, it would of been a different scenario. But then again, I'm kinda happy they did get banned, because this was what defined them. Listen closely to Shangri -la, one of the most under rated songs of all time for me, it's stunning! But a tune that barely gets a mention mainly because the whole world was obsessed with what was going on across the water at that time. They were also very badly managed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.