Favourite Cartoons

Southern

What were your favourite cartoons growing up?

Mine by far, was Scooby Doo

I watched a lot of cartoons between age 8-11.
Others that I spent a lot of time watching were:

Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, The Mask, Flintstones, Top Cat, Hong Kong Phooey, The Hurricanes, Spiderman, Animaniacs, Tom and Jerry

Early years Tom and Jerry made me howl, the later additions (according to my father) were simply shit.

As I matured, I loved Hong Kong Phooey. The This! chaps and I were watching some of the originals on you tube last week.

Probably then Danger Mouse, after which I discovered booze and girls. The rest is a blur...

Printed I used to get Beano or Whizzer and Chips every week, then moved on to Warlord. In that I loved Union Jack Jackson - a jolly good english chap fighting the Bosch with the US army.

Also Peanuts on the back of dad's paper.

I later drew some cartoons for an independant skateboard/punk magazine...

Tom and Jerry and your old man was spot on. Those after the Hanna Barbera / Fred Quimby (guessing those from the 50s) batch were shite.

Most of the looney tunes stuff. Danger mouse, Henry’s Cat, Willow The Wisp (Brilliant narration by Kenneth Williams), Bananaman, Dungeons & Dragons and when I was really young Mr Benn.

Last edited:
Ren & Stimpy.

Beavi & Butthead

My kids watch some absolute belters Clarence & Regular Show are quality/

Sad thing is today’s kids will probably never get to see those classic Tom and Jerry’s as deemed too violent or non pc with a stereotypical black house keeper.

Honourable shoutout to Captain Pugwash, that was great too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.