Favourite non-city player

i see skies of blue

half way between the gutter and the stars
Putting prejudice aside and speaking as a fan of football in general, who is your favourite (current or recently retired) non-city player? Doesn't have to be a star name or a potential/realistic transfer target, just someone you admire and enjoy watching. Can be from any league.

I'm a big fan of Gerrard, He's a driving force for Liverpool's midfield, scores goals and sets up play, loyal and honest. It's no coincedence that when he's on form Liverpool play well. I think that it helps that he's come through the team as a youngster and he plays for the shirt.

Other honourable mentions to Bullard, Beckham and (shock horror) Phil Neville, maybe limited players in some respects but made the best of what they had. They are honest pros who give 100%.

In recent past I have to say players like Zola and Bergkamp, immensely skillful and talented but modest players who always gave their all and were capable of genius. Teddy sheringham played on til he was 40 because he still enjoyed the game. Players like these used to be applauded off the pitch even when playing away from home, because the fans appreciated and respected their talent. Players like Ronaldo will never have that respect and will never be "truly great" due to their attitude and arrogance.

rivaldo.remember seeing him score a very important hatrick for barca to mean they qualified for champs league.1 of his goals was an overhead kick from outside the box.spoilt it abit later with the imfamous i've just been shot antics at france 98

Favourite player who never played for City?

Easy

Steve MacManaman

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.