favourite opposition fans

What I will say about Everton is I have a great mate who supports 'em and has done for donkeys years. He knows though that I don't like Everton in general! Despite that we're best of mates!

Forgot about Millwall! Add them to the list.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:28 pm --<br /><br />
joshsimsolo88 said:
Fav English teams are: West ham and Huddersfield

Fav European teams are: Ajax and Juventus

Why 'udders?

I'm intrigued why you like Juventus!!!!

Zabbasbeard said:
What I will say about Everton is I have a great mate who supports 'em and has done for donkeys years. He knows though that I don't like Everton in general! Despite that we're best of mates!

Forgot about Millwall! Add them to the list.

-- Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:28 pm --

joshsimsolo88 said:

Why 'udders?

I'm intrigued why you like Juventus!!!!

easy to keep track as only as 17 turn up to the game

Zabbasbeard said:
texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Newcastle fans – putting aside the stories of brutality of the 70-90s, since then I've always had good banter with them, they hate the rags and quite like us, and yes, they applauded us off in that penultimate game. That means a lot.

Sunderland – that 1991 game when they brought 14,000 when they got relegated sticks in the memory, and their Poznan and cheer when the rags lost the title to us goes a long way.

West Brom – Always noisy, innovative (boing boing!), putting aside rag song windups last season they generally have a good sense of hunmour. Minus mark, though, for one of their fans elbowing me as I walked up Halfords Lane (next to their Main Stand) iafter beating them n 1997.

QPR – always got on with their fans, who generally know their football and can relate to us (been down to the 3rd Div etc), we have lots of links and we now have a special bond after May 13th!

Derby – a forgotten about club, with great, noisy passionate fans, who make a lot of noise home and away. That they get such high gates for years when they have been going nowhere says a lot about their fantastic support. Their support never gets the credit it deserves. It's a proper football town and should be ranked up there with teh big connurbations for passion.

West Ham - can relate to them, and they don't take themselves too seriously - always seem to have a healthy regard for us and vice versa (esp since 1987 in our relegation match when they applauded City fans). Never had a problem with them.

Remember going to Pride Park years ago. Think it was a 1-1 draw, Steve Howey header? Greet atmosphere, they sang all the way through HT IIRC.

Hull took 1,500 to Torquay on a Tuesday night a few years back. That deserves respect!

Sunderland/Newcastle both good.

Recall Bradford city brigning a huge mob 15/16 years ago, league & cup game in close succession.

Doncaster took 600 to Hartlepool on Saturday.

Heard Bury take a good following away?

Everton are good numbers wise but do not sing and sit.

Where did you get those Stats from?

Derby 1-1. Remember that 2000/2001. We got taken by bus to a pub where it was City fans only then made our way by bus again to the ground. Mint!

Great atmosphere then and when we went in their bad season in 2007/8. 1-1 draw we were garbage and were lucky to get anything. Great atmosphere and banter with Derby who never stopped. Great support.

Wish clubs like Derby, both Sheffields, Forest, Leicester even were back up (plus I live near 'em all now!).
they were good in the

Read about Hull years ago. As for the Doncaster/Hartlepool game, I read about that this morning (the report was about crowd trouble that happened there).

The ones that stick in my head are the one where I think they must be mad! Sunderland played at Pompey a few years back (under Sbargia I think) and took 1,100 on a Monday night.

Us taking 2,800 to Elm Park on a Tuesday night(?) always sticks in my head, getting hammered 3-0 in 96/97(?).

Hamburg asked for 6k at our place for the Europa quarter.

texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:
texas pete said:
Remember going to Pride Park years ago. Think it was a 1-1 draw, Steve Howey header? Greet atmosphere, they sang all the way through HT IIRC.

Hull took 1,500 to Torquay on a Tuesday night a few years back. That deserves respect!

Recall Bradford city brigning a huge mob 15/16 years ago, league & cup game in close succession.

Derby 1-1. Remember that 2000/2001. We got taken by bus to a pub where it was City fans only then made our way by bus again to the ground. Mint!

Great atmosphere then and when we went in their bad season in 2007/8. 1-1 draw we were garbage and were lucky to get anything. Great atmosphere and banter with Derby who never stopped. Great support.

Wish clubs like Derby, both Sheffields, Forest, Leicester even were back up (plus I live near 'em all now!).
they were good in the

Read about Hull years ago. As for the Doncaster/Hartlepool game, I read about that this morning (the report was about crowd trouble that happened there).

The ones that stick in my head are the one where I think they must be mad! Sunderland played at Pompey a few years back (under Sbargia I think) and took 1,100 on a Monday night.

Us taking 2,800 to Elm Park on a Tuesday night(?) always sticks in my head, getting hammered 3-0 in 96/97(?).

what about when we took 807,000 to York

MATCITY said:
texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:

they were good in the

I stand corrected. York or 250K on the hill at Blackburn ;)

texas pete said:
MATCITY said:
texas pete said:

I stand corrected. York or 250K on the hill at Blackburn ;)

Let's call it a "cool" million at York!

-- Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm --

texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:
texas pete said:

they were good in the

Never knew Hull had that big an away following.

Reading 0-3 Elm park was 97/98 (though i wasn't there). That awful relegation season. Truly appalling. The worst season ever. Hated most ofit (6-1 win over Swindon was ok though).

Most impressive away followings at City in 80s: Sheff Wed and Newcastle both brought 10,000 and both won 2-1 at Maine Road. Keegan scored for Newcy and I had flu. Both Weds and Newcastle went up with Chewwsey and we finished 4th.

Marvin said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Newcastle fans – putting aside the stories of brutality of the 70-90s, since then I've always had good banter with them, they hate the rags and quite like us, and yes, they applauded us off in that penultimate game. That means a lot.

Sunderland – that 1991 game when they brought 14,000 when they got relegated sticks in the memory, and their Poznan and cheer when the rags lost the title to us goes a long way.

West Brom – Always noisy, innovative (boing boing!), putting aside rag song windups last season they generally have a good sense of hunmour. Minus mark, though, for one of their fans elbowing me as I walked up Halfords Lane (next to their Main Stand) iafter beating them n 1997.

QPR – always got on with their fans, who generally know their football and can relate to us (been down to the 3rd Div etc), we have lots of links and we now have a special bond after May 13th!

Derby – a forgotten about club, with great, noisy passionate fans, who make a lot of noise home and away. That they get such high gates for years when they have been going nowhere says a lot about their fantastic support. Their support never gets the credit it deserves. It's a proper football town and should be ranked up there with teh big connurbations for passion.

West Ham - can relate to them, and they don't take themselves too seriously - always seem to have a healthy regard for us and vice versa (esp since 1987 in our relegation match when they applauded City fans). Never had a problem with them.
14,000? Everytime that game's talked about, the no. of Sunderland fans goes up. Platt Lane end only held 9k. There were some Sunderland scattered around the ground, but not 5k

They had the corner of the Kippax as well. Standing hadn't been phased out yet.

-- Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:28 pm --

joshsimsolo88 said:

Why 'udders?

I'm intrigued why you like Juventus!!!![/quote]

Huddersfield, because of my mate whos now passed away. and they've always been handy for me on accumulators.

Juve, when they had the likes of zidane, nedved, trezeguet, Del piero and always watching them on sunday after noon on channel 4. (goooooal lazioooo with james richardson) think it twas 4

Good shout about Derby. Topped the attendance lists in the championship for years, despite having had awful sides for quite a while now. Got some good friends who follow them everywhere, home and away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.