Favourite visit to the swamp?

feedmpenzaandhewillscore

Front of the kippax chomping on a wagon wheel
They haven’t beaten us in any type of game at the swamp since 2016 and Pep put the youth in that night. You can then go back to 2015 when they last beat us in a league game. Seeing City just go through the gears and swot United aside like they were nothing was a joy to behold whilst witnessing in close proximity their horrible fans squirm as it played out.

Remember when all we had was to hope at least we scored a goal at the swamp and how we went years and years before 2008 without a win there?

Apart from the obvious 6-1 what’s been your most enjoyable occasion seeing City take the rags apart at their dilapidated theme park of ground?

Only ever been to the Youth Cup second leg when we lost 4-1, mainly on the back of The Drunken Wife Beater not having taken to the bottle by then. I rode past it the other day on my way to The Trafford Centre via the Bridgewater Canal. The smell was terrible.

Denis back heeling them to oblivion. ( I know not quite true!)
Doyle strutting among the vermin fans on the pitch daring them to touch him.

I vowed that day that I would never return, because I wanted nothing to get in the way of that memory.

And I never have.

We are impeccable

man%20u%20away%202007%20to%2008%20vassell%20goal%20celeb.jpg

the 1968 away win , my 1st away derby game , Tony Book allowed Best to open the scoring in the 1st minute but we went on to play them off the park and beat them 3-1 , the result ultimately proved the difference at the end of the season and we won the title on the last day at Newcastle , that '68 team had balls of steel and full of winners , they were not all brilliant or gifted players , just a team that worked their socks of for each other under the great management team of Mercer / Allison , halcyon days indeed.

April '72 think it was my first away game although not 100% won 3-1.

I was sat on the fence at the front and although the ball bent my finger back from a shot and hurt like fuck I was in heaven but sat in hell. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.