Favourite Zabaleta Moment?

Not my favourite moment, but most significant moment involving Zaba. 16th April 2011, F.A. Cup semi final, 71 minutes.

The warrior Zabaleta gets to the ball first, foot a little high yes, but determined and controlled. Then the little ginger pig, a symbol of their dominance since football was invented (but he can't tackle aww) arrives nearly as late as Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes and studs him one straight on the thigh. Instant sending off.

I saw the arrogant little pig slump off down the tunnel, head bowed.
THIS is what I call 'The turning point'. This is the point at which their dominance over us ended, the beginning of their demise ( as opponents started to play against the team and not the name ) the start of us winning trophies in the final and the end of 35 years of hurt.

If Zaba hadn't made this tackle they would have been set up for an attack, 11 men on the pitch and who knows, maybe clawed their way back into the game through a typical deflection.

Paul+Scholes+Pablo+Zabaleta+Manchester+City+EAP2ZiLKAlwl.jpg

Not my favourite moment, but most significant moment involving Zaba. 16th April 2011, F.A. Cup semi final, 71 minutes.

The warrior Zabaleta gets to the ball first, foot a little high yes, but determined and controlled. Then the little ginger pig, a symbol of their dominance since football was invented (but he can't tackle aww) arrives nearly as late as Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes and studs him one straight on the thigh. Instant sending off.

I saw the arrogant little pig slump off down the tunnel, head bowed.
THIS is what I call 'The turning point'. This is the point at which their dominance over us ended, the beginning of their demise ( as opponents started to play against the team and not the name ) the start of us winning trophies in the final and the end of 35 years of hurt.

If Zaba hadn't made this tackle they would have been set up for an attack, 11 men on the pitch and who knows, maybe clawed their way back into the game through a typical deflection.

Yep, was thinking about the same moment. He'll be sorely missed, our Pablo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.