FC United Thread

I think the keeper might have been True Grant who is on loan at Buxton, Murray Jones played for FC United last season and signed permanently for Forest last week.
It did say the keeper had signed for a team higher up the pyramid with full time training.
Buxton are one league higher in the Northern Conference, but can't be full time surely?

This months accounts not ready yet. Season ticket sales are down 11k on last year despite blowing the budget on a big name.

Only 17 kids have signed on to the new year at their academy. When they invested in a full time ex headteacher and spent almost £70k on improving the ground to make space for the academy which the delusional clowns envisioned 140 kids attending by now…instead they’ll be lucky to get 40

Attachments

• IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 43
As for the actual attendance figures I’ll get them when the operational report comes up, but theres lots of talk of attracting foreign reds to games who are in town when united play on Sundays.

The board are blaming the lack of new Mancunian fans on a board member who recently resigned for not bothering putting up the posters They’d bought that he said he had

Attachments

• IMG_8281.jpeg
    IMG_8281.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 59
As for the actual attendance figures I’ll get them when the operational report comes up, but theres lots of talk of attracting foreign reds to games who are in town when united play on Sundays.

The board are blaming the lack of new Mancunian fans on a board member who recently resigned for not bothering putting up the posters They’d bought that he said he had
''Growing Attendances Working Group" lol
They should concentrate on stopping the fuckers they had over the last 2 seasons from bailing out!
They've been in that stadium how many years now? And someone now suggests about latching on to overseas rags! They really are thicker than pig shit with no sense of shame or irony in anything they do.

This months accounts not ready yet. Season ticket sales are down 11k on last year despite blowing the budget on a big name.

Only 17 kids have signed on to the new year at their academy. When they invested in a full time ex headteacher and spent almost £70k on improving the ground to make space for the academy which the delusional clowns envisioned 140 kids attending by now…instead they’ll be lucky to get 40
Based on 175 quid a ticket, that is 62 season tickets down.

This Academy thing just seems to be a piss take.

Here's the blurb
FC United Academy provides an opportunity for young male & female footballers (16-19 years) to experience a full-time training/games programme, whilst studying NCFE Level 2 and 3 (equivalent to 3 A levels).

UEFA A licenced coaches will deliver high quality training sessions, giving the players the best opportunity to develop to their highest potential with the aim to progress into FC United first team. Our ambition is to also provide players with alternative exit routes to stay within the game at different levels and also talent sessions in which scouts from various professional football clubs will come to watch the players.

Players will also be given high quality teaching by our education partners, SCL in our newly refurbished classrooms at Broadhurst Park. The NCFE Level 3 course will offer players a chance to earn UCAS points to progress into universities. Over the 2 year programme, universities and American scholarship colleges will be invited to the Academy to present to players along with various other career pathways to give the players as many options as possible.

They think 140 students are going to turn up with the aim of ''staying in the game at different levels''?
I'd love to know how many of these students have made it into the 1st team / gone onto other clubs. And if there are 140 of them, how do they all get an academy game and for the chance for other clubs to scout them?
If they had potential they'd already have been picked up elsewhere. Of course there is always the odd Stuart Pearce / Ian Wright route into football but they are very few and far between.

And declaring that American Universities and scholarship colleges will be invited to attend the Academy to view the students on display is like me saying ''I'm having a birthday party next week and have invited Morrissey''. He won't attend (or say he will but will cancel ;) but that's not the point, I invited him.
How many American colleges have attended over the years?
I get that there is the chance to gain qualifications, but that's what regular colleges offer. The whole thing seems like a made up college course where 140 students are given false hope that there is a career in football for them at the end of it. The fact that only 17 students have enrolled makes me think that the other 123 think along the same lines too and are giving it a wide berth.

This Academy thing just seems to be a piss take.

Here's the blurb
FC United Academy provides an opportunity for young male & female footballers (16-19 years) to experience a full-time training/games programme, whilst studying NCFE Level 2 and 3 (equivalent to 3 A levels).

UEFA A licenced coaches will deliver high quality training sessions, giving the players the best opportunity to develop to their highest potential with the aim to progress into FC United first team. Our ambition is to also provide players with alternative exit routes to stay within the game at different levels and also talent sessions in which scouts from various professional football clubs will come to watch the players.

Players will also be given high quality teaching by our education partners, SCL in our newly refurbished classrooms at Broadhurst Park. The NCFE Level 3 course will offer players a chance to earn UCAS points to progress into universities. Over the 2 year programme, universities and American scholarship colleges will be invited to the Academy to present to players along with various other career pathways to give the players as many options as possible.

They think 140 students are going to turn up with the aim of ''staying in the game at different levels''?
I'd love to know how many of these students have made it into the 1st team / gone onto other clubs. And if there are 140 of them, how do they all get an academy game?*
If they had potential they'd already have been picked up elsewhere. Of course there is always the odd Stuart Pearce / Ian Wright route into football but they are very few and far between.

And declaring that American Universities and scholarship colleges will be invited to attend the Academy to view the students on display is like me saying ''I'm having a birthday party next week and have invited Morrissey''. He won't attend (or say he will but will cancel ;) but that's not the point, I invited him.
How many American colleges have attended over the years?
I get that there is the chance to gain qualifications, but that's what regular colleges offer. The whole thing seems like a made up college course where 140 students are given false hope that there is a career in football for them at the end of it. The fact that only 17 students have enrolled makes me think that the other 123 think along the same lines too and are giving it a wide berth.
Why do they try and do all this ancillary stuff, when they are a non league team, with a non league budget? It’s the audacity of their “big club mentality” (they aren’t) that catches them out and make people hate them.

To do this effectively, you need to have infrastructure and funding. They don’t seem to have that - just focus on being a football club and the rest can follow.

Why do they try and do all this ancillary stuff, when they are a non league team, with a non league budget? It’s the audacity of their “big club mentality” (they aren’t) that catches them out and make people hate them.

To do this effectively, you need to have infrastructure and funding. They don’t seem to have that - just focus on being a football club and the rest can follow.
Because they are a self styled ''community club'' set up to serve ''the community'' whether the community like it / want it or not and were parachuted into Moston under the banner ''This Will be Good for Moston'', as if everyone was supposed to be grateful, like everyone was just sat around for years doing nothing, waiting for such a facility to land on the doorstep.
All the extra stuff they do receives funding. The council got rid of services such as the youth service and instead outsource it to other agencies to do the work for them on the agency's own premises. The council will pay enough to cover the equivalent wages and a management fee on top - that is profit for the club and the council don't have the expense of running / maintaining an old and dilapidated building. All this nonsense about all our profits are ''ploughed back into the community'' is bollocks, firstly because they have never made a profit and secondly because funding to run these schemes are fully funded by the council.
The local councillor's surgery used to take place at the methodist church on Moston Lane. As soon as the stadium opened, it moved to there. So instead of the church getting the fee, the Rag Socks got it. They didn't bring anything new into the area for the community, instead, they took services from other agencies in and around Moston, that had served the community for years, for their own benefit and to the detriment of places like the Methodist church that now lost income they received for hosting surgeries. They brought nothing new, just displaced existing services.

The club really is the Emperor's New Clothes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.