FCUM fans urged to invest

M M

mat

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11379491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-11379491</a>
Fans of FC United - Manchester United's breakaway club - are being urged to invest in its future so it can build its own £3.5m ground.

The club wants to build a new 5,000-seater stadium near Newton Heath - the first home of Manchester United.

On Tuesday, it launched a community shares scheme, aiming to raise £1.5m.

"At a time when many clubs are in debt or in the hands of major investors, we aim to demonstrate that there is a real alternative," FC United said.

"We want to change the way football is run and financed by putting supporters at the heart of the game," general manager Andy Walsh added.
'Lasting legacy'

He said the new scheme would "make football history" and "leave a lasting legacy for future generations".

Individuals, aged over 16, and businesses will be able to buy shares from £200 to £20,000.

FC United currently plays at Bury's ground, Gigg Lane.

It is also seeking another £1.5m from grants for the stadium, and hopes to raise £500,000 through donations.

The club has applied to Manchester City Council for planning permission for the new ground. The application is due to be considered in November.

Good luck to them. Despite who they originally spawned from, I hope they get it sorted. They made a stand and have stuck to it - tens of thousands voice their dislike of the situation but have done nothing other than wear a scarf.

Assuming they continue to succeed as they have done, I wonder how many fallen rags they will pick up along the way. Or how many would jump ship if they got into the Championship? Will they lose a lot of their support if/when the Glazers go?

Would they still be despised as much as the club they originated from? Definately not when playing the original utd. - but the rest of the time? Would Mancs become scousers for 90 minutes when they played Liverpool, or Cockneys against Arsenal/Chelsea etc?

daveduke67 said:
Good luck to them.
I used to think that. Then I got stuck on a train of 'em on the way to play Kendal and they are the most deluded and arrogant bunch of twats I've ever had the misfortune of sharing any form of public transport with. I'd rather be sat with an alcoholic, someone with serious body odour, and screaming kids all at once, than them fuckers again.

Skashion said:
daveduke67 said:
Good luck to them.
I used to think that. Then I got stuck on a train of 'em on the way to play Kendal and they are the most deluded and arrogant bunch of twats I've ever had the misfortune of sharing any form of public transport with. I'd rather be sat with an alcoholic, someone with serious body odour, and screaming kids all at once, than them fuckers again.

So it's the bus to Wigan from now on?

Skashion said:
daveduke67 said:
Good luck to them.

Was that a few weeks ago mate?

If so, you might have just got very very unlucky. The United 'lads', including those that are currently banned, decided to have a bit oif a beano that day.

I saw some photos and it looked a bit *ahem* 'lively'.

daveduke67 said:
So it's the bus to Wigan from now on?
laughing-smiley-001.gif
Or the Trafford Centre...

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:09 pm --

m27 said:
Was that a few weeks ago mate?

If so, you might have just got very very unlucky. The United 'lads', including those that are currently banned, decided to have a bit oif a beano that day.

I saw some photos and it looked a bit *ahem* 'lively'.
Nah, it was early 2009. There wasn't any 'lively' stuff going on. It was the way they were talking. Like they genuinely think they're still the real club, that they were personally responsible for the success of the club before the Glazers, and that they're the only true supporters and anyone who doesn't support FCUM is at least a bit of a traitor. Maybe I just ran into the hardcore, seeing as it was an away trip, but they were a right bunch of self-congratulatory, self-important tossers. Imagine the 'I'm a bigger blue than you' threads we get on here occasionally, times ten, with no proper rag supporters around to defend themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.