Fed up of " Derby Day" offical City v City thread

ifiwasarichfan

I dont know about the rest of you but I am a bit fed up now of all the Derby Day and Champions League threads. We have a wonderful thread on the Board at the moment " On this day Nine Years ago" When we had that wonderful day at Ewood Park. Therefore on to my new imaginary game; what you do is give a Match Report from a Cup Tie in which our current side including any new signings you desire over the Summer are pitched against the Joe Royle side from a Decade or so ago.

Only one Rule. The original poster in the " Goater Legend or Not " Thread is not allowed to play.

My Game, I am going first.

After a hard fought Goaless Draw at Eastlands, Joe Royles side took the Honours in this Cup Replay. With a Final Score of 3-2. It was obviously not going to be Mark Hughes night from as early as the eighth minute when Elano finally missed a penalty. A couple of minutes later it got worse for the Welshman when Shay Given ( who was in a rare charitable mood all night) dropped a Mark Kennedy corner onto the Knee/Hand and Shoulder of City Legend Sean. On the half hour mark a clumsy challenge from Kompany on Bishop on the edge of the area, allowed " Super Kevin Horlock to make the score 2-0 to City at Half Time.

After a roasting from Hughes, the Sky Blues came out fighting in the Second Half. Robhino who had got little change from Jobson and Prior all night, pulled one back and then a First goal from Tevez made the score 2-2 with only minutes remaining.

The City faithful were incensed in the 86th minute when both Ireland (well marshalled by Whitley all night) and Dickov got involved in an off the Ball incident which in reality was no more than Handbags at best and were both given a straight Red by Howard Webb. As Injury time beckoned and with the outstanding Nedhum " Ball Watching" Legend Sean strolled in to put the Match out of Reach for Mark Hughes's side.

Following on from last seasons shock defeats to Brighton and Forest and with the recently departed former Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger in the seat next to Gary Cook, what does the future now hold for Mark Hughes ??

Actually scrub the last paragraph dont want another Hughes out thread.

After the Game Sean gave a Lecture to Big Phil, Ched, Sturridge, Jo and Boj on the Art of Goal scoring.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I dont know about the rest of you but I am a bit fed up now of all the Derby Day and Champions League threads. We have a wonderful thread on the Board at the moment " On this day Nine Years ago" When we had that wonderful day at Ewood Park. Therefore on to my new imaginary game; what you do is give a Match Report from a Cup Tie in which our current side including any new signings you desire over the Summer are pitched against the Joe Royle side from a Decade or so ago.

Only one Rule. The original poster in the " Goater Legend or Not " Thread is not allowed to play.

My Game, I am going first.

After a hard fought Goaless Draw at Eastlands, Joe Royles side took the Honours in this Cup Replay. With a Final Score of 3-2. It was obviously not going to be Mark Hughes night from as early as the eighth minute when Elano finally missed a penalty. A couple of minutes later it got worse for the Welshman when Shay Given ( who was in a rare charitable mood all night) dropped a Mark Kennedy corner onto the Knee/Hand and Shoulder of City Legend Sean. On the half hour mark a clumsy challenge from Kompany on Bishop on the edge of the area, allowed " Super Kevin Horlock to make the score 2-0 to City at Half Time.

After a roasting from Hughes, the Sky Blues came out fighting in the Second Half. Robhino who had got little change from Jobson and Prior all night, pulled one back and then a First goal from Tevez made the score 2-2 with only minutes remaining.

The City faithful were incensed in the 86th minute when both Ireland (well marshalled by Whitley all night) and Dickov got involved in an off the Ball incident which in reality was no more than Handbags at best and were both given a straight Red by Howard Webb. As Injury time beckoned and with the outstanding Nedhum " Ball Watching" Legend Sean strolled in to put the Match out of Reach for Mark Hughes's side.

Following on from last seasons shock defeats to Brighton and Forest and with the recently departed former Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger in the seat next to Gary Cook, what does the future now hold for Mark Hughes ??

Actually scrub the last paragraph dont want another Hughes out thread.

After the Game Sean gave a Lecture to Big Phil, Ched, Sturridge, Jo and Boj on the Art of Goal scoring.

You've missed one vital ingredient. No mention at all of one of Spencer Priors tremendous long throws, surely the Rory Delap of his day!

i agree that thread maybe the best thread on the forums.... epic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.