Feeding sky tv through a projector.

Atypical

Team supported
Manchester City
I was hoping some one might be able to help. I got a projector for Christmas which is going in the bedroom. I have one sky box that is in the living room which then has cable running of it to an wall Ariel in the kitchen and one in my bedroom.

Is there away of hooking up the projector to the Ariel in the bedroom obviously it won't plug direct into it as it as it would with a tele.

Help appreciated had a look on the internet not really found anything that I understand.

when I hooked my projector up to the laptop, it would display normal TV and DVD's, but as soon as I tried to watch a football match on skygo the screen went blank. It won't let you do it, coz they get loads of money from pubs getting a special license to screen the matches.

Mankymeat FC said:
when I hooked my projector up to the laptop, it would display normal TV and DVD's, but as soon as I tried to watch a football match on skygo the screen went blank. It won't let you do it, coz they get loads of money from pubs getting a special license to screen the matches.

Thats Sky Go tho..not directly out of the Sky Box. What connections do you have into the projector ....?

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Mankymeat FC said:

Thats Sky Go tho..not directly out of the Sky Box. What connections do you have into the projector ....?

HDMI leads. Never tried to use it straight from the box. I wonder if that is restricted like sky go is?

Video s video VGA out VGA2-IN/YPb/Pr VGA1-IN/YPbPr
Audio out and audio 1 & 2 in and RS-232c and a thin USB

Just make sure you put the reels on correctly.

projector1.jpg

There maybe a way but it would be convoluted, do you have an old VCR? Basically your PJ won't take an RF signal (aerial) so the on,y suggestion I could make is using something to piggy back the signal. If you had an old VCR you could put the aerial into that then connect that to your PJ, if you've tuned the VCR into SKY for recording purposes it may pass the signal through to your PJ. Other than that I'm stuck, it must be an oldish PJ as it has no HDMI connector, the other trouble you will have is sound as well, sound from a PJ is crap but you won't get any if on,y connecting with the other leads as aprt from audio left and right non of the others pass audio.

I have a sky box into my projector using HDMI cable. Looks great. You will need a sound source as well unless the projector has built in speakers. If the projector is not HD then you will still get a picture but it will create cropped top and bottom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.