Feeling old

bluemc1 said:
Just had a stag do reunion in Ibiza for 4 nights, first time I've really felt "I'm to old to be in here" all of us were happy to fuck off home after the 2nd night ( i was 36 on monday )
anyone else had that moment when it dawned on them those days are gone ?

I'm sure you've been spotted....

OblongHonoredElk.gif

Still like a few pints with the lads, play 5-a-side regularly and watch stuff laugh at stuff like the Inbetweeners....but maybe that's all a front...I've got an allotment plot, I'm off to RHS Tatton tomorrow and every pub I go to in town has shite (thud, thud, thud) music on and is full of kids. Hmmm...

I'm 46 now and around seven years ago I realised a similar thing to the OP. A new club opened in the Printworks and me and my mates were going in quite regularly when we went out. One night I had a moment of clarity and realised that we were all just stood there ogling much younger women that we would never cop for in a month of Sundays, we must have looked like roll call for Dad's Army. Nowadays I choose my drinking establishments wisely especially when visiting City Centre bars or you end up standing out like a sore thumb.

bluemc1 said:
Just had a stag do reunion in Ibiza for 4 nights, first time I've really felt "I'm to old to be in here" all of us were happy to fuck off home after the 2nd night ( i was 36 on monday )

fuck that, I hit Benidorm every year and its full on for 4 nights. bring it on.

Went to Benidorm last month for a mates sons stag. 4 of us over 40 the rest early 20's. First night we caned it and got in at daylight giving it the billy big nuts all night buying rounds etc etc with reckless abandon. Spent the day asleep by a pool trying not to look ill. Out that evening and my mate lasted until 10 and we both fucked off for a cup of tea, closely followed by the other 2 grandads. Never again, young mans game.

I went on a 35 mile road bike ride last week.

I only go about 15mph and am used to being overtaken by younger riders on expensive state of the art bikes.

Fuck me, as I was panting my way up a hill, going red in the face and presumably looking like a heart attack about to happen I hear this voice say "Hello!" in a very cheery manner.

I looked round expecting to see some young semi pro.

The fucker was at least 60.

On a mountain bike for Christ's sake.

Smiling as he overtook me.

I've been drinking like fuck ever since.

Ronnie the Rep said:
I'm deffo feeling it. Had a spot of lunch with GDM the other day, only had three pints.

Fell asleep on the train home. Good job the train announcer had a loud voice or I would be in Berlin by now probably :-)

Actually, getting older isn't necessarily a bad thing. Mrs Rep and daughter went shopping this evening for the weekend BBQ leaving me and the dog to contemplate our navels.

Fucked off a nice 2008 Cabernet and currently still sitting in the garden of Ronnie Towers whilst they catch up on Eastenders.

TangerineSteve17 said:
bluemc1 said:

Is this you?
84221658.jpg
No it's Andy Hinch mate, posts on here from time to time.

A girl I work with (I'm 39 and she's 23) asked me recently if I remembered a television show from the 1980's called Fraggle Rock? when I replied that I did and asked her why? Her response was 'I heard my parents talking about it the other night'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.