Fencing dispute

117 M34

I (my gardener) have just started putting up a new fence in my back garden.
This is batten fencing which is solely in my garden and sits in front of the existing fencing, which is remaining in place.

The fence I have put in is 7ft high as this is the height my neighbours to the right have and our fence is designed to hide all existing fencing.

The neighbours on the other side have complained and reported it to the council stating it is too high.
This neighbour has their house up for sale.

Do I need to make it 6ft on that side or can I just crack on and ignore them?

This is batten fencing which is solely in my garden and sits in front of the existing fencing, which is remaining in place.

The fence I have put in is 7ft high as this is the height my neighbours to the right have and our fence is designed to hide all existing fencing.

The neighbours on the other side have complained and reported it to the council stating it is too high.

Strictly speaking, if the fence is over 1.8 m it will need planning permission. There are further rules for listed buildings and conservation areas.

It is nice though, batten fencing. I bet it looks the business. The only thing I can see being an issue is if it blocks out the sunlight in the Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tell them if you want your house sold
Dont piss me off with my fence,play loud music, argue with your other half when prospective buyers turn up,

Tell them if you want your house sold
Dont piss me off with my fence,play loud music, argue with your other half when prospective buyers turn up,
That is sort of the route I was going. I was going to say that if we get into a dispute abou the fence, he has a legal obligation to report this to any prospective buyer...or he could just leave me to it and we not have a dispute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.