Fencing dispute

Pretty sure he's wrong mate but it would depend on your local bylaws. You need to find out at what point the new fence is grandfathered in and is now considered the property line. It might have been on his land 15 years ago but not necessarily now.
To be honest the guy is a complete arse, bully and I have a suspicion a bit of a racist. I just ignore him most of the time and wave occasionally if I see him pass in his car. That said he is in for a shock soon as the wall at the front which is most definitely his has started to crack because a few years ago he planted conifers in the earth by the wall. The wall which is only a couple feet high is now leaning on my side but not only that the roots from his trees are lifting the paving stones on my drive. I mentioned to him before lockdown but he has done fuck all about it and it’s got a lot worse Once I get a quote I will give it him and ask him to sort. He will go ballistic and claim it’s not his wall but it’s 100% his, no disputing it at all. Think it’s called karma

Like the Waldorf all over again :

peep.jpg

You know how people can get upset over such irrelevant disputes about land.

Yes I watch these neighbour from hell shows sometimes and think, "What the heck??" I try and kill them with kindness but there is a way if you have awkward neighbours of being nice but coming across as a bit mad, so they kind of avoid you and try not to upset you at all costs. No threats or ranting just chat, it has worked on the few occasions I have encountered the annoying one.

I am thinking about about building a subterranean extension in the garden...

Anybody got advice or know some contractors experienced in building tunnels?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.